4" speakers in need

Help Seeker

Israel
Hello,

I have a Toyota Jaris, with JBL 6"-9" on the back a sony amp and looking now to add speakers on the front, where only 4" fits. No need for a component as the speakers are on the dash and not the doors.

Am thinking to invest 100-150$ in such pair, and looking for some recommendations, but if you think I can find good quality for less money that's welcome as well of course.

What he said ^^^^^ Plus they have reviews on most. I played with some of the 4" daytons with the phase plug and they were quite nice. Would really like to get hold of the Auras but I don't think they're making them anymore.
Seems like a great site. Thanks!

The prices there are crazy cheap...

Most 4" coaxial speakers are 15-20$...

Is there a trick...?

I just helped someone else out in another thread with this. Here's what I said:

Dayton RS100-4 I have a set of these as desktop speakers paired with a small subwoofer and they are fantastic.
Tang Band W3-1364SA An amazing set of full range speakers. They're 3" so you'll need to make a bracket to make them fit correctly, but they are simply awesome. I have them running from 350hz and up in my dash location in my car, and I love them.

Fountek FR88EX Like the 1364sa's, an awesome full range speaker. A bit brighter due to the metal cone, but they also have a greater xmax, so they have greater output capabilities.

Tang Band W4-1052SD Nice 4" full range speakers that will be able to dig a little deeper than the 3" full range drivers at the expense of some top end. Still a great speaker that I wouldn't hesitate to run in a car environment.

The only downside to these full range speakers is that they will need some eq work and need to be installed on-axis to get the most out them. That doesn't mean they won't sound good off axis, but it's the top end that will suffer the most should you install them off axis. A nice aftermarket amplifier to give them some power wouldn't hurt, either, especially since you could use the crossover on the amp to block out the lower frequencies. But it's definitely not a necessity if you're just doing a drop in replacement.

Just to clarify, where will the speakers be installed? In the door by your feet? Or in the middle of the door? Either way, as drop in replacements, any of these speakers would be a great choice. If possible though, I'd build a crossover to block lower frequencies (a high pass of 80hz - 100hz would suffice) so that way, you can get a bit more out of the speakers. This is assuming you have a subwoofer to pick up the lower frequencies.
Since these speakers are going in the dash, you have the blessing (or curse) of using the windshield to your advantage.

The ND105's are great speakers, but I wouldn't sue them full range. They're midrange/midbass speakers.

A reason why a lot of the raw drivers on Parts Express are so cheap is because those companies are geared towards DIY home audio people. The speakers aren't nearly as marked up as the speakers car audio brands sell. Also, most of those speakers are produced with specific purposes/frequencies in mind. Be aware of that. Also know that higher price does not always mean "better."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.