Vifa NE25VTA-04 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter

Participant count
  • Participant list

Haunz
10+ year member

Packing 4/0
I installed a pair of these tweeters in my car on the weekend; the specs looked very impressive and I decided the aluminum version had the best response characteristics over the silk, titanium, or anodized aluminum versions.

I had them mated with opti65 mids ran off a opti4x400d using external processing to run them active. (Had the tweeters highpassed at 2.5kHz)

Everything sounded really good untill I gave them some real volume, at which point I could hear the tweeters distorting. I turned off the mids and gave them a little more to see what would happen; and the result was burned coils. I am seriously disappointed with these tweeters which I smoked in less then a minute.

My conclusion is that these tweets do not deserve the 80 watt RMS rating given to them, and I'd encourage anyone interested in them who has any real power on tap to look for something else.

$.02

Too much powa. Not sure why would you want to give tweets 80watts.

You were obviously giving them too much power, or had your gains too high causing them to distort, but you gave them MORE?

Also, at least let them break in

I installed a pair of these tweeters in my car on the weekend; the specs looked very impressive and I decided the aluminum version had the best response characteristics over the silk, titanium, or anodized aluminum versions.
I had them mated with opti65 mids ran off a opti4x400d using external processing to run them active. (Had the tweeters highpassed at 2.5kHz)

Everything sounded really good untill I gave them some real volume, at which point I could hear the tweeters distorting. I turned off the mids and gave them a little more to see what would happen; and the result was burned coils. I am seriously disappointed with these tweeters which I smoked in less then a minute.

My conclusion is that these tweets do not deserve the 80 watt RMS rating given to them, and I'd encourage anyone interested in them who has any real power on tap to look for something else.

$.02
you're retarded, you actually complaining b/c you're mentally retarded. "tweeters distorted on XX amount of power so I gave them more clipped power and they blew".

Too much powa. Not sure why would you want to give tweets 80watts.You were obviously giving them too much power, or had your gains too high causing them to distort, but you gave them MORE?

Also, at least let them break in
Hey noob- lol ummm - they are rated at 80w RMS that means continous.....

if you blew them you didnt x them right or something because those are sweet sounding...

What did you have the slope at? You were probably running them too low. I was really interested in those tweeters, I was actually going to run the full Vifa NE line (8's, 6's, and tweets) but decided to go with the Scanspeak Discovery line instead.

Hey noob- lol ummm - they are rated at 80w RMS that means continous.....
if you blew them you didnt x them right or something because those are sweet sounding...
Hey Jr high. How ya doing.

IMO, only silly folks would care to give tweets 80wrms.

Running them crossed over at 2500Hz @ 18 db/octave. Gain on the amp was set just under 1/2 with 4v signal going to it; and tweeter attenuation from there at my finger tips. At full tilt they could get more then 100 instantaneous watts; but I didn't even come close to getting there and not for more then a few seconds. By compairison the pyle pro '300 watt' bullet tweeters they were replacing took the power and then some. I've also had considerably better performance from many other 1" tweeters. I thought these things were fairly heavy duty but was seriously let down. Just thought I'd share incase anyone else was ever looking at them.

I still want to try them one day. They look badass and I hear they sound pretty good. Power handling is probably the last thing I look at when choosing speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Haunz

10+ year member
Packing 4/0
Haunz
inside a sine wave
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date