6x9 issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

negolien

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey All,

I recently added some new Kappa 693.11i's in the rear. Yesterday It didn't sound the same so I went thru and listened to each speaker and found the driver side Kappa had 0 sound. The right sound sounded fine. Sound like a connection issue? Looked like everything was hooked up at the amp. If it was blown it would at least make some sound yes?

Hey All,
I recently added some new Kappa 693.11i's in the rear. Yesterday It didn't sound the same so I went thru and listened to each speaker and found the driver side Kappa had 0 sound. The right sound sounded fine. Sound like a connection issue? Looked like everything was hooked up at the amp. If it was blown it would at least make some sound yes?
It won't always make noise. I had a 6x8 crap out and it put the amp into protect.

Pisses me off I just had these and a bunch of other stuff installed about a month ago. Finally thought I was all done for a while but ohhh noooo lol ....

Meh the Kappas use screw type speaker connections so not sure they can vibrate out definitely hope it's a connection issue though instead of an amp issue :

check the connections at the speaker. try swapping the wires at the amp to see if its a bad channel. Put a dmm on the speaker and see what impedance it reads.

Will do I'll post tomorrow morning. I saw another Excelon 4 channel for sale around here somewhere. It is more power than the one I' am using but might do the trick if this one has issues. I' am running an Excelon xr400-4 to the Kappas and a pair of Polk DB461's with a mono block pushing a pair of subs off a AVH-X5500BHS. Using 0 gauge to the distro then 4's. 0 gauge big three and a 220 HO alt in a 2001 Olds Alero GLS sedan.

I wasn't able to get to the harbor freight last night for a DMM can someone go over the procedure for testing an amp to make sure there's output at the speaker outputs with a dmm please.

Disconnect your speakers. If these are the rear speakers then fade the HU to rear. Put a sine wave test tone CD in your deck, anywhere from 100 to 1000 Hz will do. Set the DMM to AC volts and connect the probes to your amp's output terminals. Turn the volume up a bit and watch for a reading. No need to go higher than 4 volts or so if you're just checking for good/bad. Both channels should read exactly the same.

But first I'd check the speaker terminals with the "ohms" function (disconnected from the amp). You aught to see like 3 - 4 ohms for most speakers.

Meh these are Kappa 693.11i's so I can't get to them unless I pull apart the rear package tray. The rear tray had to be butterfly'd to fit them in. I cannot get to the terminals without pulling everything apart back there. I was hoping I could just have some music going and stick a DMM on the outputs. If there's a bad channel one set will show 0 no?

that sucks man. Push on the cone of the speaker and see if there is a scratching noise. If not then play around with the tinsel leads, push and turn it different ways, it might be a loose connection with the tinsel leads and you have to solder it on. I had to do that with my jbl ms62 comps, works like a charm though.

Sucky part about it lol. They are Infinity Kappa 693.11i's they are fkin ginormous. I' am going to have to pull the rear deck and actually pull the speaker to get to the leads. Not getting an iota of sound so hoping it's just a lead not screwed in or the butterfly rear deck metal cut one of the speaker wires. I'll keep you updated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.