72' Checy El Camino ? restore

Chevy Boy
10+ year member

I got a 72' Chevy El Camino it has a 350 5.7ltr engine. How much would it cost to get the engine rebuilt? What's a average cost? And how could I find out what's the original trasmission in this truck.

Im a slowly restore the car/truck. Throw that candy paint on dat trick with them 24" bladez choppin. That's how we do it down here boss. It's a dark hunter green color now with a pearl top. Original paint is in great condition.

Engine and Transmission

Suspension/Chassis

Exhaust System (Flowmasters)

etc..

But throw a LS1 in that El Camino, a T56 tranny, and a 12 bolt, lower it just a little, put some old school crager's on there factory scheme paint. But its your car, if you reallllly like 24's ok, whatever. But I don't think that they will look good on a Elky.

either has a turbo350 or a turbo 400 i'd bet on a turbo350 that is if its an auto anyways. as far as engine rebuild depends what kinda power you want and when you want it at the bottom or the top.

Just get an old K5 Blazer 4x4 chassis(sp?) and make it an offroad camino!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

OK OK yall Can flame away now....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

not in here, this is westside, punk!

what motivates these type of people to talk like that on the internet anyhow, let alone in real life?

are u black? if so and your putting 24's on it that is ugly but that is what you do. If you are white and you are doing this then learn your color

are u black? if so and your putting 24's on it that is ugly but that is what you do. If you are white and you are doing this then learn your color
Don't worry what color I am boy. Smell me?

Im a throw whateva on dat chevy. "Boy". I bet ya girl will look twice at that candy painted slab with them loud pipes. Sittin Tall!!

I can careless if you think it's ugly or not. Boy.

stay in ya lane.

your car is going to look even more ridiculous than your skinny white 18 yr old, paul wall wannabe ass does, boss.

back to your question, you can get a 350 rebuilt for 1k but if you want it to be hoss, might as well dump another 1500 or so in it and get a forged crank and pistons, and rebuilt it with good parts. to find out which transmission it originally came with, get the vin number and check on the internet.

you'll get a lot more respect around here if you talk like a normal human being. i started out reading the first paragraph you wrote thinking "right on, el camino, 350, wants to rebuild it, cool" and progressed to hysterical laughter upon reading the next paragraph. you aren't impressing anyone by using a bunch of slang terms you here dipshit rappers saying, so for god's sake knock it off.

that said i know what its like to be a young wannabe, but with a little luck, a little *****, and a lot of chronic smoke to mellow you out, you can become "normal."

your car is going to look even more ridiculous than your skinny white 18 yr old, paul wall wannabe ass does, boss.
back to your question, you can get a 350 rebuilt for 1k but if you want it to be hoss, might as well dump another 1500 or so in it and get a forged crank and pistons, and rebuilt it with good parts. to find out which transmission it originally came with, get the vin number and check on the internet.

you'll get a lot more respect around here if you talk like a normal human being. i started out reading the first paragraph you wrote thinking "right on, el camino, 350, wants to rebuild it, cool" and progressed to hysterical laughter upon reading the next paragraph. you aren't impressing anyone by using a bunch of slang terms you here dipshit rappers saying, so for god's sake knock it off.

that said i know what its like to be a young wannabe, but with a little luck, a little *****, and a lot of chronic smoke to mellow you out, you can become "normal."
First of all im black trick. And about the respect part; I didn't ask for ya respect boy. First of all you came at me wrong boy; then you get madd when I respond. If you don't like the way I talk don't comment back. Simple as that shutup talking to me dog. And about my slang you can kiss my ass. Boy. You don't even know me. You can say nothing else to me and we can leave it at that. one. boy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Chevy Boy

10+ year member
Chevy Boy
Greenville, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from