79 F100 Restoration...

alright i took some pics of the bodywork so far. Its not finished. I took them pics as i was waiting for some to dry and be sanded. Its all light patches except for 1 spot where it was dented on a crease(sp?) and i had to use bondo to fill the dent and put the crease back. And i just took another inside shot since its different.

MVC-013F-6.jpg

MVC-014F-9.jpg

and the inside -

MVC-016F-7.jpg

did some more bodywork today..took off the grille, bumper, and inner fender wells getting ready for primer and paint. Got a new steering stabalizer shock im putting on wednesday. Heres a couple pics for now...

MVC-013F-7.jpg

MVC-014F-10.jpg

MVC-015F-9.jpg

oh and i ran the vin # and found out this was originally a 2wd truck and someone did all this custom suspension or put a 4x4 frame under it. It has a big block 351 modified which is a 400 block with a smaller crank.

Painted part of the front frame with rubberized paint....im going to repaint the back half with the same stuff cuz it looks better. I also put on the new steering stabalizer. Looks plain so im going to find a rebel flag sticker to put on it.

MVC-009F.jpg

MVC-010F.jpg

im going CHEAP on paint so im going with a tractor international harvester red....i bought 2 quarts in red primer today, going to get the cab sprayed down tomorrow probally then i still gotta do all the bodywork on the bed.

edit: after looking up the color i might get a quart of black and add a little into it to make it darker. Its not quite as dark of a red as i want. Or theres a gallon of mack red on ebay for $61.

Bought a red paint called sunrise red.... Been doing some more bodywork on the truck...took the mirrors off and started painting them...Got the 2 back tires off popping the seals on them because AFTER paying $40 to have a valve stem put in i tried putting air in the tire the other days and it fell inside //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif..... ill add a couple pics of the new rims and tires im getting... Most likely pick up the rims in 2 weeks when i get my check.

MVC-030F.jpg

MVC-031F.jpg

15x10.5" wheels -

mbm072_mm_ang.jpg

38.5" tsl sx's

images-1.jpg

painted the cab today...as said before color is gloss sunrise red... Heres some pics...gettin rebel flag stickers made to cover the bottom of the doors.... And its just a cheap paintjob since its a offroad truck. Going to get a thing of metal flake and some clearcoat to put on it. The paint cost $16 lol

MVC-030F-1.jpg

MVC-031F-1.jpg

MVC-032F.jpg

MVC-033F.jpg

MVC-034F.jpg

MVC-036F.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pitbull12887

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
pitbull12887
waxhaw, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date