99 Accord HDD 12's 5k+

I wouldnt expect it to take that lol ..id have no problem strapping another aq and running 1 on each of mine..anything past that and ur flirting with danger
It needed a recone anyways. Patched surround and resoldered tinsels at the time. I took that bisch out in style tho lol

2 4ks strapped to a pair would still be more than I'd feed em daily, but it's doable. I think you'd leave some power on the table but that's not a bad thing.

Get started on the bracing/deadening. Get 1/2 ply on the roof and fiberglass and deaden everything.
Already been thinking about this. Might be hitting you up for some tips on the roof

So are your neighbors:)how much power is each hdd gonna see?
Everyone that lives around me is old so I am pretty sure they already don't like me lol.

As far as power goes a lot of people have clamped the 4480's at 2500rms @.5 so should be seeing about that per sub, but I do plan on getting one big amp down the road. Maybe a 7k

One of them didn't survive a DC 5k at .7, soooo hopefully less than that on each hahaha.
Now that is just being mean lol

Is there really such thing as too much power?
Lol, tuned in for a nice build!
Thanks man plan on getting that drop in ordered next week

Haven't updated in a few weeks, but after an impatient wait the drop in finally arrived today.

I also bought some 8g sky high speaker wire and some shy high reducers. Box will be finished up by this weekend and the new batt bank will be here in a week or so

So it has been a while since I have updated because there has been some set backs with the build. First after finally getting my drop in it turned out to be assembled wrong so I had to send back and am just now suppose to be getting it back this week so that has taken a while. On top of this I was having issues with my 4480's so new amp is also suppose to be in this week. The amp I decided to go with is a Crescendo BC5500D so the amp situation in a way had a positive outcome, but anyways hope to get everything in by mid week and have made some progress on the build by the end of the week.

So just another update. Got my second pair of mids and highs in along with deadening the doors and finally got the amp I will be using after the deal feel through with the 5500 I was going to be buying. The sub is "supposedly" going to be shipped tomorrow(not the first time I have heard that).

Anyways here is some pics of the new goodies:

My box is 36in wide so the amp is decent size. Just powered it up to make sure it turned on will be clamping it soon. Took the metal part of the center so right now it is solid black thinking about leaving it that way

redid the center and put one pair of my tweets there along with usb and volt meter like last time

made pods for the second pair on the A pillars

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.