A few amplifier questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

giventofly
10+ year member

I have a Memphis Baby Belle MCH600 (4 x 55W @ 4ohms, 150W @ 4 ohms bridged), and am gonna use it to power a either 1 or 2 pairs of comps) and a 12" sub. I was planning on getting a pair of nice comps like some:

CDT Audio CL61

MB Quart PCE216's

RE audio RE6.5comps

Focal Access components(165A1)

Phoenix Golds(RSD65CS)

and then a pair of cheaper comps or coaxials for the back.

My question is: whats the best way to wire this system? I was gonna bridge the first two channels to run the front stage at 150W and then run a dual voice coil sub at 2 ohms/200W ,and the rear stage from the head unit power.

Any other suggestions or comments? I am a newbie and really am learning as i go along.

I would bridge the 4 channel to make 2 channels to power your nice front components. I've heard good things about the RSDs. You might also want to look at Crystal SSCS6.

Now get a second amp for the subwoofer. What sub is it?

And I would skip the rear speakers, but it's up to you. What vehicle is it? Do you have rear passengers a lot? A decent set of comps off of 150 watts per channel should be loud enough for everyone. Before I bridged my amp I had about 60 watts per channel on a set of crystals that were loud enough for my whole car.

I would bridge the 4 channel to make 2 channels to power your nice front components. I've heard good things about the RSDs. You might also want to look at Crystal SSCS6.
Now get a second amp for the subwoofer. What sub is it?

And I would skip the rear speakers, but it's up to you. What vehicle is it? Do you have rear passengers a lot? A decent set of comps off of 150 watts per channel should be loud enough for everyone. Before I bridged my amp I had about 60 watts per channel on a set of crystals that were loud enough for my whole car.
well my amp has a second dedicated sub channel. I was gonna run a memphis M-series dual coil 12 at 2 ohms 200W RMS.

Its a 2001 mustang convertible. I'm overhauling the mach system. no one sits in the back so i think i'm gonna throw in some coaxials and power with the head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.