A litte info u should know about Nathan Peddicord...Owner of Excessive Amperage

I don't care if it works on the 2nd or 3rd replacement....sounds like they have a ridiculously high failure rate...****
I agree... But going to some of the other "bigger" companies you will probably pay twice as much. If money was no issue then sure, I would've got one from HO, or one of the other companies.

loud accent, whats the diff between peas's and your hyundai not being an import? last i knew hyundai was imported unless theres something im missing....

well a alt should do correct voltage wich is 13.7-14.5 for most cars at idle shouldnt matter what size the alt is.. now the amperage at idle will be low and prolly wont kick in tell 1-2k rpms but the size of the alt should affect the regulator for voltage..... either way when i sent payment for the alt i told nate i wanted 14.4 at idle and he said that was possible.. test the **** alt befor it leaves

i will just list some pro's and con's of the experience i just had with nate.. i know people will have mixed thoughts about this but this is what happened
So i ordered a 300a alt from nate for my truck sent payment and got to my house pretty quick. Had the Alt installed on my truck ($75.00), it would only charge at 12.4-12.7 at idle. Contacted nate about this and he said it could be a regulator problem, and sent me a smaller pully to try. lets pause for a sec.. ya he sent me a pully for free, but shouldnt the alt be tested before it leaves his shop?(shed in backyard) back to story. Had alt taken off and pully put on and alt put back on ($75.00). Still the alt would only charge at 12.4-12.7 at idle. Contacted nate about it and he told me to sent it back. I told him i dont have another alt to put on in the meanwhile. He said ok i can maybe send out a factory alt for you to use. yes this was nice to offer but why not just send me another 300a. he denied to do this until one day he answered the phone for some reason when i called( he never answers the phone and never calls people back) then when talking man to man he says he will send me another 300a alt. well days go by and i recieve my new alt. at this point i ask him who will be paying for all this labor for my alts being taken off and on. He asked if i could please find someone to do it for free this time.. i said il try.. my buddy came over and put the alt on. This alt was also bad did the same thing. i contact nate and demand a full refund for the alt, labor, and shipping. he says i can give u a refund on the alt IF i have enough money in my accout. as for the labor he said i needed to mail in a reciept. i told him i had a work order from ford with the amount on it and he said that was fine. called him 10-20 times and he said in a email that he would not answer the phone or call me back cause his head hurts... good way to run a business pal. well i go to ford and get the work order and then i leave him a message to email me a fax number and his email said that a work order would not be good enough, after he gave his word that would be enough. So i got my refund and shippin refund but no labor refund and i dont think i will be getting it so im out 150 bucks

.. BTW after i removed both alts i desided to take them down to a local started/alt shop to have them tested....they have a 450a capable machine.. so i figured id have a go.. they hooked the alts up first alt did 165amps second alt did 159 amps so i paid for a 300a and got about half of that.. also the second alt he sent me was used it had scratches all over it but i didnt care as long as it worked but it didnt.

my thoghts nate does not know how to run a business , nate is a coward that wont talk man to man cause he gets scared. nate **** sure doesnt know how to build a alt
I TOLD YOU TO GO WITH MEAN GREEN DEVON!

Yea, most alts over 200 amps wont do crap over idle, at least if its not a large case alt it wont. This is the same issue across the board with all alt companies. Nate is kinda a asshat childish kid. He kept posting a group buy on Termpro even after it was deleted then he made threads with alternate names to whine about it.

I have had great luck with the Powermaster alts I have used. Extremely solid product and I would buy more in the future in a heartbeat.

I have also dealt with Nate on one transaction and had zero issues - I suppose mileage does vary, though!

Well i havent had a problem with Nate since i went with an iraggi but upon installing my new alt i came to find out after i bolted it on, put on the belt etc. that the dipshit sent me a mustang case which has a completely different regulator then my crown vics...needless to say he hasnt responded to two of my emails so now im just goin to have to fix the problem myself

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.