2005 chevy uplander info plz

Participant count
  • Participant list

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
The hearse deal is doa since almost the entire shell needs redone.

But I found a 05 uplander cargo that looks good and roomy (cheap too 😂). Anybody do an install on one of these?

There enough legroom up front for 8" mb in the kicks?

Is there enough room to shoehorn a 10" front sub into a center console enclosure?

Anything of importance tied to the stock stereo?

Being that it is a Chevy you should have zero issues finding interface adapters.
I'll rewire if I gotta 😂

I just about handed over cash on a land rover this morning...luckily I looked up ho alts and found out they have finicky electrical system with a ho 🙈🤭

I'll rewire if I gotta 😂

I just about handed over cash on a land rover this morning...luckily I looked up ho alts and found out they have finicky electrical system with a ho 🙈🤭
Do not trust Land Rovers. My sister had a Velar that began to overheat on a trip. As she was pulling over, not even a minute of the warning chime had passed by when she heard a loud pop. When she exited, smoke started coming out from under the hood. Within 10 minutes the truck was engulfed in flames.

I ain't getting the LR...I'm waiting to see what the uplander guy figured out with the title. I think it'd fit my stereo needs 🤔

The hearse deal is doa since almost the entire shell needs redone.

But I found a 05 uplander cargo that looks good and roomy (cheap too 😂). Anybody do an install on one of these?

There enough legroom up front for 8" mb in the kicks?

Is there enough room to shoehorn a 10" front sub into a center console enclosure?

Anything of importance tied to the stock stereo?
Man. I was actually looking at one of those used with 87k on it the other day. Pretty reliable vehicle from experiencing at a place of work. Ive seen more than 5 with over 300k on them and still purr like a kitten.

I'll rewire if I gotta 😂

Man. Good deal you didnt get that ride. They are not very reliable and have Trans issues and electrical issues Ive heard from my mechanic. Rav4 is decent, Toyotas, Hondas,some Chevys that have that old Cavalier engine or HHR engine. I was even looking at a Toyota Van

Man. I was actually looking at one of those used with 87k on it the other day. Pretty reliable vehicle from experiencing at a place of work. Ive seen more than 5 with over 300k on them and still purr like a kitten.
Well Hell it has approx 123k but thats nothing for these rides. Pretty clean looking for the coin$. get 4 -10s/12s in that joker or 15s pretty easy gutted out in the rear. LOL Air bags may help with the weight? Pretty clean looking ride man.Im thinking about it

I'm really hoping dude figures out the uplander title but I'm not holding Mt breathe now...I've got a line on 2 Astros that may be in play.

Its stupid trying to hand money to people for a ride here...way too many have been bullsh!tting claiming a clear title right up til its go time. Then it's a salvage title (and still wanting top dollar) or they forgot to transfer it over when they bought it 🤣

The plan is to do either my sql-15's ported or passive radiators. Whatever I end up with if it's go room to do 12 upfront I'll go pr since the upper roll off is steep af. If I can't do a 12 then I'll go ported in the rear.

Those intakes from those 3.8s and 3.9s from Chevy are known to leak coolant at the intakes. And when you gotta fix them, it is ungodly expensive.
Really?? I know that the Trail Blazers had an issue with oil consumption even the denali series. The Co. I worked for had quite a few of the Uplanders from 05-07 and they never had any issues with them other than a couple compressors going out. Ill have look into that man. Thanks

I'm really hoping dude figures out the uplander title but I'm not holding Mt breathe now...I've got a line on 2 Astros that may be in play.

Its stupid trying to hand money to people for a ride here...way too many have been bullsh!tting claiming a clear title right up til its go time. Then it's a salvage title (and still wanting top dollar) or they forgot to transfer it over when they bought it 🤣

The plan is to do either my sql-15's ported or passive radiators. Whatever I end up with if it's go room to do 12 upfront I'll go pr since the upper roll off is steep af. If I can't do a 12 then I'll go ported in the rear.
Those Astros were some really cool rides. I remember when they had the conversion Safari(may have been GMC version). My brother had a 96 and drove it with just over 320k on it V6 before he got T-Boned in it and got totaled out. I wouldnt mind having a '66 panel with an LS swapp 😁 😁😁.
Wow. Whats wrong with people these days?? Ya.. Id move on to the next for issues like that myself man.
I remember when those Astros used to have some serious sub stages in them back in time. Still a couple today even that compete

I had a '99 Chevy Venture with the 3.8 and buddy had one with the 3.4. Any of those engines including the 3.9 are known to leak coolant at the intakes. And when you change them you have to change out the intake usually as that is what cracks as it is just cheap plastic for the most part so that plus gaskets plus everything else you have to take off in order to change it out. It is an expensive fix.

The Astro vans with the 4.3 are solid but with the 4.3 you have to watch the cylinder head seals like crazy. Those are known to go bad all the time on the 4.3 going back to it's introduction. But if you change them out you can get 80-100k out of them as that is usually when they start to leak and you see blue smoke out the exhaust. Basically a 4.3 V6 is just a 350 with the front 2 cylinders cut off. I've even seen people use 350 pistons in those when rebuilding them for more HP. And the steering upgrades are easy to do as well on those. I've seen a few with 305 high HP and small block 350s. Personally I hate LS swaps as everyone does them. Try being original for once! Old school power still is better imho. Yeah LS has it's place in newer cars but older stuff. Nah gimme the old school stuff any day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...