Adding a 2nd battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ballistic89

Looking at adding a 2nd battery in my mustang, i upgraded the alternator to 200amps, still need to do the BIG 3 upgrade.

Anyway every once in a while when the bass hits or i have it pretty loud, my amp used for speakers shuts off from power loss.

Current setup:

Kicker L5 10" Sub

Kicker ZX 1000.1

Kicker IX 500.4

Kicker RS 6.5" x4

(I know its not the best but employee cost made it worth it)

Where i screwed up was running 4 Gauge from the front to the trunk about 10 feet (dont really feel like running 1/0 or if i can even get it through the firewall now..)

BUT, what battery should i get i get good deals on Optima's, but open to suggestions.

And whats the best way to run this? Last time i did a multiple battery setup was in my boat and i used 2 Blue Tops with a solenoid but i forgot everything i learned when i did that setup..

Thanks!

Going to Sema in about a month may stop by the kinetik booth.

Looking at adding a 2nd battery in my mustang, i upgraded the alternator to 200amps, still need to do the BIG 3 upgrade.
Anyway every once in a while when the bass hits or i have it pretty loud, my amp used for speakers shuts off from power loss.

Current setup:

Kicker L5 10" Sub

Kicker ZX 1000.1

Kicker IX 500.4

Kicker RS 6.5" x4

(I know its not the best but employee cost made it worth it)

Where i screwed up was running 4 Gauge from the front to the trunk about 10 feet (dont really feel like running 1/0 or if i can even get it through the firewall now..)

BUT, what battery should i get i get good deals on Optima's, but open to suggestions.

And whats the best way to run this? Last time i did a multiple battery setup was in my boat and i used 2 Blue Tops with a solenoid but i forgot everything i learned when i did that setup..

Thanks!

Going to Sema in about a month may stop by the kinetik booth.
Which year Mustang ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.