Adjusting setting brx3016.1d hifonics

Participant count
  • Participant list

OKAY

it'snotdatloud
I was not getting any output from my subs (2 hds315s) box is tuned 32Hz wel after moving the subsonic and the lpf to the right a notch I'm getting loud.

Can you guys take a look and tell me how do they look? Seems off to me. Thanks.
dc56642beeb9e2565038b136563a85b7.jpg

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

How did you set your gain? Idk about the new hifonics but on old ones you the gain knob would have to be pretty high up i was always at around 3 oclock on them.

yup, hifonics gain knobs are like cheap 5 dollar hoe's clit. Completely numb and insensitive. Gotta have that up a lot higher to achieve any output. Leave the low pass filter wider/higher. Use the low pass filter on the head unit at 80hz. Get a digital multi-meter and a 50hz test tone, bump it up till you see 54v ac.

yup, hifonics gain knobs are like cheap 5 dollar hoe's clit. Completely numb and insensitive. Gotta have that up a lot higher to achieve any output. Leave the low pass filter wider/higher. Use the low pass filter on the head unit at 80hz. Get a digital multi-meter and a 50hz test tone, bump it up till you see 54v ac.
Hmm...I bet teh kitties are a lot tighter this year! I'm already 55 or 56v in the picture. ive lowered it a little **** more. I'm not too experienced setting by ear (I am now though) and after setting with voltmeter I gaVe her a bump a lil higher to see if it got louder..results were no bueño, jeff.

Ill do it again with the dmm just to be sure. I set flat with hu lpf 80 & full through lpf on amp. I then used the 80ish lpf on amp and set the hu lpf to 'through'. (31/35 volume).

All the other dials week off and I find myself raising subsonic , especially. Weirdo. Imma do a video. Ive tried asking subwooferking who has one on two re 18s and it seems 5x powerful, I guess its the 18s but it really moves them. His amp ran hotter mine used to until switched to 3/0 weldwire on +pos

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

set the amp by ear imo, until the volume stops getting louder. dmm method is only something i used to verify my ears were right after i set the gain - unless you have an oscope.

if the amp gets hot turn the gain down slowly until it only gets warm.

you sure he's going to get 54vac out of that?
Wouldn't know unless we knew its actual rms? ...and if it was actually only putting out 2600rms then the gain would be much lower then it is now, right? But it has to be much lower then 54v.

Wouldn't know unless we knew its actual rms? ...and if it was actually only putting out 2600rms then the gain would be much lower then it is now, right? But it has to be much lower then 54v.
you wounldt actually know since you are using a 50 db test tone. Depending on your music, you could well be undergained since music recording levels directly affect the output of bass. Try this method instead, play your hardest hitting song with the longest basslines instead.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.