advise on my system

Participant count
  • Participant list

isstern35

Well i recently purchased a VW Golf TDI and i changed the front speaker and back.

i have a pair of Helix dark blue Component B62c

50 RMS///100 Watts

and in the back i have

Helix dark blue 6 coaxial

35 RMS///70 watts

today i bought a new head unit to upgrade from my alpine CDE-100EUB

i got my self a alpine CDE-111RM,,,,i upgraded because this one has HPF and more stuff to tweak.

not sure if they have these models in the states

next week i'm going to dynamat my 4 doors and that is when my new HU goes in.

I was wondering if i want to add an amplifier in the future. what should i look for.

Also should i buy an amp and a sub or should i amplify my speakers first.

Also can you guys give me some examples of amps i should look for.

The type of music i listen to is vocal Trance, pop, rap, hip hop, and the occasional jazz

im not looking to get a headache in my car,,,,i want some crisp sound and bass at the same time... any ideas guys?

bumppp,,,,,can anyone tell me some amplifier models that would work with my current setup

Should i amp up the current speakers?

Buy an amp and a subwoofer? instead

What is your budget and what are you really wanting to do with your system? Be realistic with the budget. It will be the biggest determining factor. If you say $1000, and can only afford $500, you will be left with half a system based on our recs. But if you have the cash and you say I have 1500 right here right now, what are my options, then you will have a full system. It also depends if you are capable enough to do the install yourself, or if you have to have it installed.

Everyone always sees the main costs too....amp subs, speakers, deck. Everyone always forgets the lil hidden costs. Wire, fuses, fuse holders, distro blocks, terminals, alternators, batts....etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.