Alarm Question?

x2o
10+ year member

Fuzzy Blue Lights
Miami, FL
Okay well I'm looking into getting a new alarm and I have read the threads here and am between the Viper 5900SST and the Clifford either 50.5 or 70.whatever it is. Which one of these is better? Or are there any other ones I should look at? I'm in the 200-300$ price range for the actual alarm. How much would an install cost (about?)

Also, I don't really need a remote start (live in florida :X) but it seems the only higher-end alarms are with a remote start, are there any without?

And anyone local to miami / pembroke pines / miramar / hialeah / opa locka / NMB / etc in south florida, is there any good alarm installers around here? I'm pretty sure insurance wouldn't be happy with a self-installed alarm, so I think I'll need a prof. install. Or can this be done by me?

sorry for the questions, but this forum is pretty dead and a lot of questions I had were left unanswered :p I even checked other forums but didn't find much.

Thanks!

get the viper 5900 or clifford 50.5x(i have it) both are the same alarms different siren shape, shock sensor, led and remote are the only differences. dont get the 70.5 or 7900 they are shitty have been recalled once and probly again all i hear is problems with it and the responder.

Ah okay thanks for the quick reply, so the 50.5x is better than the 5900? They same to be about the same price everywhere I look, so I'd rather have the better one :p

I understand they are both DEI made and are the same given a few features, but which one's better?

no they are both the same alarm just those few things i listed are different because both lines use different models of those pieces.
Ohhh, I understand now.

so it depends on what name I want on the remote, eh?

Just an fyi, on directechs their is now a a resource listed for the 7900 if you follow it, alot of the problems go away as long as it was manufactured from 7/06-present i beleive.

Well, what's different between the 7900 and 5900SST / 50.5x? Seems the same to me with a different antenna on the remote //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Hm, so which one should I go with? The 7900 considering it's been fixed? I don't really need 1 mile range, whoever needs to unlock the car from a mile away is just odd.

hm..then the clifford 50.5x / viper 5900 is the preferred around here? Looks like it'll be that one then.

Thanks guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

still need some south FL guys to hop in here, I need a place to get this installed, also need to get some tints thrown on my car.

Wow thanks a lot for that link, where I was looking it was over $300.

You've saved me quite a bit of money :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.