gnesterenko
10+ year member

Item(s) for Sale:

Alpine PLT-5 250RMS powered subwoofer

Item(s) Description/Condition:

# amplified subwoofer system with Linear Array Transducer (LAT) technology

# six 5-inch woofer cones in Ultra Reflex subwoofer box

# Alpine PDX 250-watt RMS digital amplifier

# variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

# bass boost (0-12 dB @ 45 Hz) with wired remote control

# subsonic filter (15 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

# phase control (0, 180 degrees)

# speaker- and preamp-level inputs

# 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended

# 21-5/8"W x 13-3/8"H x 8-7/8"D1 x 6-3/16"D2

# 47 lbs

Detailed Link: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VDFU1O2ZYb8/p_500PLT5/Alpine-PLT-5-br-LAT-Subwoofer-System.html

These got a lot of flak for powered subwoofers, but from personal use over almost 2 years, this thing is perfect entry level sub for someone who just wants a no-hassle install without needing to worry about a separate amp. Plenty loud, never over-driven, and always crossed-over in the 80-85Hz region.

Functionality: 10/10

Cosmetic: 6/10

Runs perfectly, but has seen better days in terms of looks. A bit dusty and does have a few very minor scuffs on the chassis - nothing to affect function at all. The only thing I could find wrong with it: the side panel hiding the wiring connections snaps on to the sub using 8 plastic snap pieces/clips - of these 3 have broken. This doesn't impact how secure the side panel is - stays on there just fine. See pictures.

Price:

$230 OBO shipped. A bit on the high side, but this thing is heavy, and shipping is pricey.

$180 OBO for local pickup.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Got it new and have been the only owner, running it for a bit over a year in my old car. Got rid of the car and upgrading to something with a little more power for my next build, so no reason to hold on to it.

Can also include an amplifier power kit (power/ground/fuse/turn on lead - no RCA) for an extra $10 if you want.

Local obviously easier/faster/preferred. Otherwise will ship with USPS. Payment through PayPal Gift STRONGLY preferred unless local, then cash of course.

Item Pictures:

alpineplt5main.jpg

alpineplt5front.jpg

alpineplt5front2.jpg

alpineplt5back.jpg

alpineplt5side.jpg

alpineplt5iowithcover.jpg

alpineplt5sidewithoutco.jpg

alpineplt5iowithoutcove.jpg

alpineplt5sidepanel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you be willing to trade for an Alpine 9835 and the iPod adapter, KCA-420i? The 9835 is pretty nice, the 420i has some marks on it from being mounted. You don't see the 420i though so that shouldn't matter. Let me know.

Sorry all good on amps at the moment.

Dimentions are in the OP, but here they are again just in case:

Width: 21-5/8" (without mounting plates, add another 3 inches or so at the base)

Height: 13-3/8"

Depth @ base: 8-7/8"

Depth @ top: 6-3/16"

Weight: 47 lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...