Alpine Type R's, Infinity Kappa Four Amp, Stock Head Unit, Bestbuy... help.

giddyup

Hey guys,

I just got my audio install done at bestbuy (i know) in my Chevrolet Colrado. My local businesses where I live were going to charge me 500-600 bucks to install the speakers and amp with the amp kit provided. Bestbuy was a few hundred bucks cheaper, but there goes to say; maybe you get what you pay for.

So my installation included:

Alpine Type R, 110 Watt RMS Components w/ Crossovers Front Speakers

Alpine Type R, 100 Watt Coaxial Rear Speakers

Infinity Kappa Four Four Channel Amplifier (125 watt per channel rms)

Kicker 09ZCK44 Z-Series 4AWG Amplifier Kit with 4-Channel Interconnects

Inline Converter for Stock Head Unit

Everything seemed right and they actually did a very good job installing my amp behind my rear seats. Everything seems to be good. I checked the ground and it seems fine.

So here is are my problems.

I'm getting feedback through my speakers even when the stereo is turned off. If I unplug the RCA's on my amp, it will go away (of course). The noise kinda sounds like a "Chicka Chicka Chicka Choo, Chicka Chicka Chicka Choo" noise. I don't always listen to music when I drive. I got my new speakers and amp for when I do. This noise is unbareable and I asked the guy at BestBuy whats up. He said "maybe Stock Stereo", or "These four channel amps have alot of feedback". So people pay thousands of dollars and end up just having to deal with it? I don't think so.

My Factory Door Chimes are loud ( i knew this would happen), but they are terrible and just sound so cheesy how it cuts off, I'm very **** about my truck and this whole debacle has really bothered me.

Would replacing the stock head unit and getting a door chime harness fix everything? Like wire the remote wire to the new stereo so that the amp will only be on when the stereos actually turned on; idk I'm new to this stuff.

Maybe I was too ambitious and now I'm just regretting even attempting this. My stock stereo system was fine compared to these issues I'm having now. At the same time I don't want to remove my amp cause of the holes they made to install everything.. yes I'm that **** about this.. I bought this truck myself and it makes me sad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks if anyone can help me out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The noise kinda sounds like a "Chicka Chicka Chicka Choo, Chicka Chicka Chicka Choo" noise.
ka942001.jpg

Who'd a thunk it.

after reading a little, i lowered my gain to minimum, the noise is almost completely gone, not noticeable unless your ear is on the speakers. Should I replace my head unit so I can make it louder?..

*haha not like a train, but more of a crackle*

Do you think it could be the inline converter connected to the stock stereo causing interferance? They put some ****** 40$ inline converter to hook it to the stereo. "Don't worry it won't make any difference." Would a new head unit fix this? maybe? haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

well i check the ground and got rid of more paint and it seems fine, hmmm do ground loop isolators really work? Can I connect it near my amp?

i had the same problem, its your head unit, the input rca jacks are probably fucked up, try running your rca cables to someones elses head unit just to test it out and see if thats the actual problem before you drop 500$ on a new HU. if u cant find someone to help you, go to best buy they should have a HU they can hook you up too to test it out.

I'm going to try the 40 dollar gm adapter amp interface. I contacted al and ed's audio and said that instead of using a generic inline converter i should try the gmpac24 w/e amp interface. So i bought that and bestbuy said they will try it and they will return their crappy inline converter. If that doesnt work I will ask them to try a seperate headunit to see if that clears up the problem. Thanks for now!

Hey guys,
I just got my audio install done at bestbuy (i know) in my Chevrolet Colrado. My local businesses where I live were going to charge me 500-600 bucks to install the speakers and amp with the amp kit provided. Bestbuy was a few hundred bucks cheaper, but there goes to say; maybe you get what you pay for.

So my installation included:

Alpine Type R, 110 Watt RMS Components w/ Crossovers Front Speakers

Alpine Type R, 100 Watt Coaxial Rear Speakers

Infinity Kappa Four Four Channel Amplifier (125 watt per channel rms)

Kicker 09ZCK44 Z-Series 4AWG Amplifier Kit with 4-Channel Interconnects

Inline Converter for Stock Head Unit

Everything seemed right and they actually did a very good job installing my amp behind my rear seats. Everything seems to be good. I checked the ground and it seems fine.

So here is are my problems.

I'm getting feedback through my speakers even when the stereo is turned off. If I unplug the RCA's on my amp, it will go away (of course). The noise kinda sounds like a "Chicka Chicka Chicka Choo, Chicka Chicka Chicka Choo" noise. I don't always listen to music when I drive. I got my new speakers and amp for when I do. This noise is unbareable and I asked the guy at BestBuy whats up. He said "maybe Stock Stereo", or "These four channel amps have alot of feedback". So people pay thousands of dollars and end up just having to deal with it? I don't think so.

My Factory Door Chimes are loud ( i knew this would happen), but they are terrible and just sound so cheesy how it cuts off, I'm very **** about my truck and this whole debacle has really bothered me.

Would replacing the stock head unit and getting a door chime harness fix everything? Like wire the remote wire to the new stereo so that the amp will only be on when the stereos actually turned on; idk I'm new to this stuff.

Maybe I was too ambitious and now I'm just regretting even attempting this. My stock stereo system was fine compared to these issues I'm having now. At the same time I don't want to remove my amp cause of the holes they made to install everything.. yes I'm that **** about this.. I bought this truck myself and it makes me sad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks if anyone can help me out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Im having some problems aswell lots of noise and a popping when I turn off my truck Chevrolet avalanche. I also have the same amp(Kappa four). Im going to find a better ground for the amp and battery I have in the back and hopefully that helps. My door chimes and signal lights are loud when I up the volume on my eq. Im also running the stock HU. I think I might just buy a aftermarket Hu if it doesnt stop.

Hmmm...well I will start by saying I have had alot of problems with Infinity amps...but I wont use a scapgoat like that. Chances are replacing the HU will make a world of difference, and attaching a dedicated remote wire instead of something that grabs power from a higher current source. I don't recommend the ground loop isolators because most of them screw with your SQ. Best advice I can give here, plug an ipod into the RCA jack and play it, if the noise goes away...its probably the crappy LOC...and pretty much ALL LOC are crappy. for 4 ch amps I ALWAYS use high level inputs instead.

Dude **** all that noise, my sub made the same weird noises when i had one of thoughs ****** converters. Get yourself a nice JVC HU for 100-120bucks and ull be good. Thoughs boxes cause all sorts of interference, i bet once u put that in it will sound great! U can get NICE JVC HU's on crutchfield for about 120 plus they include all installion gear free. Very easy to install, u can do it no prob

I just installed one of these in my dads 98 dodge, took me about 15min. Was very please with it, plus it changes colors lol

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDR620/JVC-KD-R620.html?tp=5684&nvpair=FFBrand%7cJVC+Mobile

Thanks guys, if this GMpac thing doesn't work, I'll have to try the head unit. I mean it sounds great with the music on, but sometimes I like to cruise...

So, is there a way they can wire my amp so that it will only turn on when my stereo is actually only playing music? Right now the amp seems to be on as long as the car is on. My Stereo is always on displaying the time and such and plays the warning chimes. Is this just how it will be? Can I have it wired so it will only go on when I press the ON to play music? Would kind of solve my little noise problem since you cant hear it when playing music :p

Chevy Colorado 2010 Stock Stereo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.