alt fried?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Your just looking for excuses. You don't really need a vast number of tools for this job, a jack and a few wrenches would suffice. You don't know anyone with tools you could borrow or that could help you install it? Your buddy could help you...

I'm just trying to help you out since your hard up for cash. If I could save myself $100 by doing a little work, I would definitely do it.

Your just looking for excuses. You don't really need a vast number of tools for this job, a jack and a few wrenches would suffice. You don't know anyone with tools you could borrow or that could help you install it? Your buddy could help you...
I'm just trying to help you out since your hard up for cash. If I could save myself $100 by doing a little work, I would definitely do it.
when i did the big 3 on my car, is was nearly impossible to even get the ring terminal on properly. the alt is in such a hard place. the only way i could get to it properly is if i could stand under the car and remove the wheel.

when i did the big 3 on my car, is was nearly impossible to even get the ring terminal on properly. the alt is in such a hard place. the only way i could get to it properly is if i could stand under the car and remove the wheel.
jack it up, roll under the car, and remove a wheel.

Removing a wheel isn't as difficult as it sounds, they're just lug nuts. Mine sits in the same spot, I have to remove the wheel then take out a plastic splash guard on the inside and viola, I have instant access to my alternator. Of course I didn't know this until I found the service manual for my car online. You should definitely look for that, a good service manual will have step by step illustrated instructions on how to do some of the more complicated tasks (like replacing the alternator).

Removing a wheel isn't as difficult as it sounds, they're just lug nuts. Mine sits in the same spot, I have to remove the wheel then take out a plastic splash guard on the inside and viola, I have instant access to my alternator. Of course I didn't know this until I found the service manual for my car online. You should definitely look for that, a good service manual will have step by step illustrated instructions on how to do some of the more complicated tasks (like replacing the alternator).
whats sad is i dont know which model my saturn is. it doesnt say on the car or even in the manuel. its either the sl, sl1, or sl2.

mine was yeah, and all those saturns are the same in that year. they all had the same engine in them. and its not that bad, if you can get a jack then you will be golden to get it out. its not as hard as your making it bro.
when i got mine up on a jack, i cud barely get my arm up to the power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

09civic

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
09civic
Melbourne, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date