Alt Question

Xero.Limit
10+ year member

I have a 99 Ford Taurus I've search through these forums and online but I can't find out anything about the alternator on it. I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction or simply tell me if they think I'd be able to run optimal power to push two 12" Fi Q's or one 15" Fi Q.

With 1/0 power and ground and the big 3 you should be able to push ~1,000wrms-1500 off the stock alt. Probably need an extra battery in the trunk though.

if you go above 2k with a decent alternator you could just get by with stock alt + big 3 + 2nd but good battery in the rear. it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the alt though.

now if you ran only 1 sub then you could get by easily w/o the h/o alt.

Either keep the stock alt, do the 1/0 upgrades, and extra batt and run a 1 15" Q, or upgrade the alt, and do the same to run 2.....

Since there is not much difference because they are the same motor and use the same number of spiders , same size coil , leads , terminals, and just a little bit bigger cone there will almost no power strain difference between the two as single sub comparison.

Your question 2 - 12" over 1- 15"

Same sub ) 1 sub will be less of course pending ohm wiring.

MLA

Okay thanks for all the help I have another question, it doesn't relate to the alt but I didn't want to make a new thread. Would I be able to get away with a 4 gauge amp kit to wire it all or do I need something bigger?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Xero.Limit

10+ year member
Xero.Limit
Citrus, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from