Alternator Or Battery?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Depends on what you are doing. If you want to crank it and cruise the streets for a while, the alternator is a constant long term power source. For a few minutes of short term blasting, battery(s) will keep the juice flowing till the alt catches up.

Hope that helps

i would try a battery first, as long as your alternator can support keeping 2 batteries charged. a shrukin battery off sonic elec. can be had for around 100 coins. im doing both i think all together with hi output alternator and battery im looking at about $300

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

What the ****? Are you trying to put ohm's law into very complicated verbiage?
No not needed. The difference in gain on the amplifier would not draw more power from the battery. Still yet efficient. The gain in volts is a...
From what I've read, LiFePO4 works with lead acid, LTO does not. I have only personally tried LiFePO4. I personally can't justify the extra hassle...
I'm not an expert on Lithium by any means. All I can say is I've played my system for about 2 hours at about half volume(20/36 on the headunit)...

About this thread

beat-down69

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
beat-down69
Buffalo, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date