Am i going to need a capacitor?

ls1pimp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NJM
I drive a 1998 Trans Am WS6. Right now I have a NIne.2 amp for my speakers, and i have no light dimming whatsover. I also have a JL 250/1 Sub amp. Well, tommorow i am selling the JL Amp and replacing it with a Nine.1 sub amp, so will i need a capicitor? Thanks.

You will regret asking this...

Everyone will tell you no, a capacitor is worthless.

Do the big 3 and use 0/1 guage power/ground cables. If you still have dimming, an upgraded battery or altenator might be in order.

Install the **** first, then see if you have problems.

Do the Big 3....and no to the cap
I noticed you have an RL-P, how do you like it? Mines sitting in a box and will hopefully go in tommorow, gonna be running it at 1 ohm off of a Nine.1 amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

You will regret asking this...
Everyone will tell you no, a capacitor is worthless.

Do the big 3 and use 0/1 guage power/ground cables. If you still have dimming, an upgraded battery or altenator might be in order.

Install the **** first, then see if you have problems.

realistically, how hard and time consuming will it be to do a big 3? Am i gonna have to rip apart all my trim peices and stuff to run the wires?

Caps are worth it if you can find them dirt cheap, like 20 bucks or less. I like them personally, they make a nice ghettofab distribution block and every little bit does help in my opinion. If you are trying to save weight, don't put one in. If 2lbs will make you feel better, by all means go for it.

Caps are worth it if you can find them dirt cheap, like 20 bucks or less. I like them personally, they make a nice ghettofab distribution block and every little bit does help in my opinion. If you are trying to save weight, don't put one in. If 2lbs will make you feel better, by all means go for it.

Well, my friend would sell me a 1.5 farad cap for 30 bucks, brand new. No way i would spend any more than that, and that is the only reason i am considering it, becuase he offered to sell it to me for 30.

The big 3 is all well and good and I will probably have to do it but, its pretty expensive (def more than 30) and I don't know if I would call replacing a alternator simple.

oh...and the cap would just put some strain on the battery...so forget about the cap...although i guess you already have

The big 3 is all well and good and I will probably have to do it but, its pretty expensive (def more than 30) and I don't know if I would call replacing a alternator simple.

The big 3 is not more than $30... All you need is around 10 feet (good to have extra) of 4 or 0 guage wire, a fuse and a fuse block. Total should be less than $30 with shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ls1pimp

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ls1pimp
NJM
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date