2022 Subaru WRX w/Harman Kardon...freq range going to each speaker?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChillyWilly72

CarAudio.com Newbie
Does anyone know or can you measure (pretty please with strippers on top) what frequencies are going to each speaker location? I have the 30 pin harness from autoharnesshouse with High level signals pulled from the dash, front & rear doors and subwoofer (4 total). I am running 3 of those to an AudioControl LC7i and it feels like something is missing in the highs to mids region and all I have to measure are my ears which are not so great these days, Im 51.

Last edited:
How about, what are the speakers used, what are the settings currently used on the LC7i ( straight LOC, not an EQ), where is all that stuff installed? Even good output is affected by locations and you may have nulls as a result. As for measuring frequency bands for a particular driver, whole nother thing!

You could get familiar with REW software, get yourself a cell phone calibration mic like this one which can be used on a phone or laptop:

or this one :

REW will tell you what the frequency response of the system looks like but it's a bit of learning curve. If you master it, then you have to live with the limitations of the equipments ability to EQ a better result. You could simply relace the LC7i with a better option such as a better LOC like this which also has signal delay and EQ which would give you a real step up in the ability to attenuate some of the discrepancies you think are present.

In the end, your ears are the most important arbiter for this endeavour and the ability to tune will help you to that end. Simple tereble/mid/bass adjustments from the HU can help, but not as specific as something like the DQ-61 will afford you,

t feels like something is missing in the highs to mids region
It may be like another member posted about having too many tweeters in the mix. The dash speakers may be overpowering the door's so you get an overlap bump that "attenuates" the door's speaker's performance.
A couple of weeks ago my 6.5 passenger started rattling so I replaced the set. When I removed them I was surprised by how low the tweeters play. When in conjuction, the whole is very loud and crisp so I thought those were bad. The other set of tweeters played just as low! When all was set in, the tweeters sound as loud as the 6.5s. So I believe if you tune down the dash speakers, you may find the balance you are missing.

Last edited:
I think I have it now but not 100%...I have dash 3.5s to ch1 of the LC7i, rears to channel 2 & summed, and fronts to ch3 & summed so fronts get a now complet signal (still not 100% all vocals are coming through though) and giving bass signal for the sub.

I think I have it now but not 100%...I have dash 3.5s to ch1 of the LC7i, rears to channel 2 & summed, and fronts to ch3 & summed so fronts get a now complet signal (still not 100% all vocals are coming through though) and giving bass signal for the sub.
The way I would do it, I would use dash left to ch.1, dash right to ch.2, door left to ch.3, door right to ch.4. This would give you the entire spectrum and should be easier to tune. The LC7i should have it's own bass knob so you would not need the radio's sub output channel.
For simplicity's sake, I would actually only use the door's channels if they had a tweeter.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...