Am I strapping my amps right ?

So I have two soundstream ta1.3000d amps. I have the negatives connected together on both amps. And positive lead going to master amp and negative to slave. It's loud as hell and seems to be working fine. Problem is one amp gets hotter than other. I have nice electrical and voltage stays at 14+ 90% of the time. What's weird also is I have RCA's going to master and that's it. No RCA's going to other slave. :/

I do not think so

RCA SIGNAL CONNECTIONS:

Step 1. Connect the Master amplifier to the head-unit (duh!) and set the amplifier’s output-master/input-slave switch to Output Master.

Step 2. Set Slave amplifier output-master/input-slave switch to Slave Input.

Step 3. From the ONE RCA-Connector – that has a line from said switch – Connect an RCA cable from the Master to Slave amplifier.

Also is your final ohm load at least 2 ohms?

Not crying simply asking a simple question. I have e no issues other than one amp warms up more than other and I would think they would heat up the same. People here get butt hurt so easily. I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone.

Faaarrrr from butthurt little guy.

Your the only one in this thread creating a post about overheating amps. That's "crying" if you shall take it as. But...

ilikeradios has answered your question, post #2 .

Is the master or slave getting hot? Sounds to me like you might be getting power from just the master and because it's seeing a .25 or .5 ohm load that could be why it's getting hot. If you don't have any difference when connecting and disconnecting the line in on the slave then something is wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.