Amp for Germainiums

nbd
10+ year member

colorado
Hi recently i bought and installed a pair of germainiums. I was giving them 125 watts each. From a cadence m3000. On the amp i made a compulsive buy off ebay for 100 then found out later that although it had a full range respones it was a class d amp (every one makes the fast buy mistake) So not only do i fell as though my germainiums are underpowerd i also need a new amp. Iv done a little reserch but this time i want to get some opinions from people who have much more knoledge than me.

Iv looked at the Sundown 100.4 and the arc 4150-XXK.

Does any one have anymore suggestions, and if not which of the two amps above would you recomend and would you recomend bridging it or biamping.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would definately try the arc 4150-xxk. The amp is underrated and very clean. The XXK line is bullet proof. Where are you looking to buy that amp btw? They are discontinued to anything you buy will be B-stock and won't have a serial number (MOST likely). I've worked with that 4150 and I'd recommend it to anybody. Might try the new ARC Foose Designs 4150. Same board few upgraded things new heatsink and won't be B-stock.

im looking to spend about 500 or less. I wouldnt mind buying used, and if spending over 500 will give me a noticible improvment i definatly will think about it. Thanks for everyones help again.

How about the Alpine PDX-4.150 and biamp them?

Biamping gives you the ability to control how much power you send to the mids and tweeters separately. If you click on the gain setting link in my sig, I have an example there.

I know it's on the the expensive side, but I bet the germs would really sing...

http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_6

zoom

between the arc xxk and the dls which do you think would be the way to go. Since i can get both for within about 50 dollors of each other.

between the arc xxk and the dls which do you think would be the way to go. Since i can get both for within about 50 dollors of each other.
I don't think you can make a wrong choice there, you would probaly have to listen to both personally

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.