amp gain and sub compatible?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi i just bought a pioneer deh-155mpg head unit and a pioneer gm-3500t amp and a pioneer ts-w304r subwoofer. Is this sub ok to run on this amp or will it get damaged? If it's ok then how do I set the gain?
Well that sub is 300rms and that amp will do 180rms bridged .so you can read up on how to set gains with a dmm or oscope...just bc the amp will be underpowering the sub doesnt mean u can crank the gain and bass boost ..you will damage it that way

Ok I use 0 bass boost. Gain is set to normal what is that and how do I know which way is up and down?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Well that sub is 300rms and that amp will do 180rms bridged .so you can read up on how to set gains with a dmm or oscope...just bc the amp will be underpowering the sub doesnt mean u can crank the gain and bass boost ..you will damage it that way
Ok I use 0 bass boost. Gain is set to normal what is that and how do I know which way is up and down?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

All the way to the left should be all the way down ..markd 5v or 4v and all the way up will be to the right probably marked .4v or .2v u want to match the preout voltage of the deck to the output of the amp ..anything past that point is clipping

It depends on your listening and what the sub is capable of and what the amp can produce cleanly with the input it's getting from the HU. Set it at normal, and see how it sounds, if you hear anything abnormal from the sub, adjust accordingly, if it's not enough, increase accordingly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.