Amp has no gain knob... How to adjust?

Participant count
  • Participant list

99redrado

Hey everyone I have a kenwood kac8104d amp that has no gain knob. The only thing it has that seems to control the power is a bass boost db knob. Is there any way to adjust the gain? Also what should the bass boost be set at? I have it at about 6, amp is powering 2 jl 300 watt 10 inch subs.

Hey everyone I have a kenwood kac8104d amp that has no gain knob. The only thing it has that seems to control the power is a bass boost db knob. Is there any way to adjust the gain? Also what should the bass boost be set at? I have it at about 6, amp is powering 2 jl 300 watt 10 inch subs.
Several companies including PAC...Metra ect make a bass knob that can work inline between your deck RCAs and Amp RCAs

ive got three pac models i use for my home system between my p/c dsp and five/one. some of the most mundane yet necessary impliments ive used in this application for signal adjustment
Ive set them up as independent remote gains on each amp when doing old school SQ builds...on the mids and highs as well as subs to balance the system...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.