Amp/sub cuts in and out at high volume.

Participant count
  • Participant list

E-dirty

Hey all, new to forum. Recently bought a new pioneer 760watt amp for my 800watt jvc sub. I have the sub bridged on the amp and when i turn it out, it cuts in and out randomly. I tried putting my mates sony xplod 1300watt sub in my car but it still did it, tried putting in a pioneer sub and it was even worse. Its alright at low volume though.

I thought it may have been the ground so i put a new 4ga wire to a solid ground, helped a bit but still did it. I took my amp out, put in my friends earthquake 800watt amp and my sub goes well, no cutting out. I then put my pioneer amp in my friends car and it was fine with his sub, so i don't see how it could be the amp. I also tried his sub with my amp in my car and it cut out but its fine in his car.

What could the problem be? im puzzled, considering his amp works fine in my car.

Thanks.

what is the sub wired to? Voltage could be dropping, and the amp cuts in/out

Do you have a volt meter or a dmm...check the voltage next time it's playing and if it drops to 12 or below that's getting low

Its wired to the battery, that wouldnt make sense though because the 800watt amp has a bridged rms of 400 and my 760 is a bridged 380 so wouldnt the 800 be drawing more power than the 760?

Nope 8 guage power. 8 guage is meant to be good for up to 1000w. And i tried my mates 800watt amp on my 8guage and it was fine. He tried my amp with his 8 guage power and 8ga ground and it was fine.

No clue mate. Cheers for help all but couldn't get it to sort its sht out because it seems to have a problem with bmws.... So now im just running 2 12s sounds mint.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.