Suggestions for a sub and amp for my boy.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Booger68

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ky
Hi everyone. My oldest picked up some alpine subs and an amp from a buddy of his.

My youngest wants some now. Do ya'll have any suggestions? He has polk audio speakers and a pioneer 1500 nex deck. He's into music pretty hard. So he wants sound quality 1st but probably wants loud also if you can have both. Ya'll helped me so I bet it can happen again.

Thanks booger

Probably 700 to 1000 bucks. Its going in a pontiac g6 which id say is probably a mid size car. Probably buy a box. But no telling with him.

Booger

If he has the room, I'd look at an sql15 ported with a taramps smart3 amp. The sub is 400 and the amp is 300. You'll have to lower the gains on the amp. That leaves $300 for wiring and building a box. And also loads of headroom of he wants to add another sub in the future.

And here's the box for the SQL 15, tuned to 29hz

Or you could go with a couple of these $210 each (on sale) $420

With this at $190

Or this stinger $200

or that Taramps SMART 3 BASS $263

And this box tuned to 29hz

Dual 12's that save you cash and deliver! $360

And y ou guessed it - tuned to 29hz

All combinations under $1000

Probably 700 to 1000 bucks. Its going in a pontiac g6 which id say is probably a mid size car. Probably buy a box. But no telling with him.

Booger
😬 Well. There is really not much considered for SQ in trunk space. Its going have some rattles non the less,and the sub freq. will have come through that back seat if it doesnt fold down at all?

Any electrical upgrades? Or All Stock? Not going get LOUD on Stock electrical. Just moderate

Thanks Chillin, Doxquzme, and audioban.
Well there are some decisions to be made by him. Kinda sux the seats will need to be put down for sound quality but they do come down.

I used this for my power to my amp. We will probably go with this. But in the end it'll be his choice. Im just gonna help him put it in.

Thanks alot. As we do this we will be posting it.

Booger

Thanks Chillin, Doxquzme, and audioban.
Well there are some decisions to be made by him. Kinda sux the seats will need to be put down for sound quality but they do come down.

I used this for my power to my amp. We will probably go with this. But in the end it'll be his choice. Im just gonna help him put it in.

Thanks alot. As we do this we will be posting it.

Booger
Thats a good kit for the $coin. Comes with just about all you need to add a sub stage with the RCAs that most kits do not come with. may just need add a fused distro block at the amp depending on what amplifier decided on and maybe some short runs of 4ga? Nice to have help. LOL. You may be able to get bye with a single 1k rms 15 ported?around 31-35 htz be nice on about 1k-1500 rms amplifier with the big 3 and maybe a decent sized battery under the hood?

I know it would be more work, and more $. Though maybe save and wait for some Sales events to come like the 4th July Sales and get some power on the other speakers to keep up with the sub stage and clean those up and get the most out of them/ be a plus. rather than 10 watts per ch to the speakers(If that off of HU power?) 100 watts on tap be decent for most to keep up with a 600-1k sub stage

Hahaha his brother got some from a friend. American bass amp and some alpine s 12in subs. From a buddy of his now Eastons chomping at the bit.

Booger

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...