amp suggestions for fi btl

Participant count
  • Participant list
im getting two fi btl 15 inch subs 1 ohm and was wondering what amp everyone would suggest i get to power the two of them. they will be in a ported box. im new to the car audio game, i kno how to install but i just have a probelm figuring out the watts and ohm ratings stuff.
thanks alot,

danny
???

i kno a little about ohms im not like stupid

and ive installed subs without a probelm in plenty of cars. and i kno i need more then amps i already am planning on two alternators and 4 batteries i just wanted to know what amps other people would suggest

god for bid ur new around here i guess.

Kangaroux: they are dual 1 ohm but are universal. just a daily sub not spl type but i do want them to hit nice.

--danny

i know theyre dual 1's lol but the older BTL's are rated for 2k rms whereas the new ones are 3k rms, which would be a deciding factor when it comes to choosing an amp

you can get them used for hella cheaper. and no offense but it sounds like your not exactly a pro when it comes to this stuff lol. maybe you should consider getting some BL's instead

ooo im not saying im a pro but i heard the btl's and really like how they sound. ive had type-r's, l5's, l7's and im just looking for something better and like i said i like the way the btl's sound. is there a huge difference in sound wit the bl's to the btl's or is it more meter difference?

danny

well the BTL's are gonna obv. gonna be overall better, however, the BL15 vs. the older "N2" BTL is $100 cheaper and half the RMS. would still get plenty loud without breaking the bank and needing for you to buy an HO alt

no HO alt would be needed if i wasnt adding anything else? lol

im planning on doing my doors and making a bridge over the back seats with 4 beyma 8's powered by an oxygen audio 2200.

as for the doors im not sure wat im doing yet.

but if i was to get the BL15's wat amp would u suggest going wit ? is the BL15 being sold on the FI website right now???

danny

yea.

BL's are 1000w each, get dual 1's so you have a final load of 1 ohm (assuming you get 2). a nice amp would be an AQ2200, but there's plenty of amps that would do that kind of power

wire each sub individually in series up to 2 ohms (wire one pair of -/+ together, wire the remaining +/- to the inputs on the AQ)

the AQ will parallel them for ya

1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.