Amp To Power My System

I want to find a good decent AMP to power up 2 Kicker CVR-122 12". I have a AVIC-u310bt as my unit and alpine type-S speakers all around. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You in advance
Budget? Check out the MB Quart Q1.1500 or ONX 1.1500 Hard to beat on a budget. Want to spend a little more? Cadence ZRS-C65 or Kenwood Excelon X1200M ?

I have a budget of like 200... As i was doing research right now i saw that there is two version of the cvr-12 which is the 124 and the 122 the one i purchased today is a 124 which is the 4ohms version and the other i have might be the 2ohms version.... is there anything bad about that??? should both of them be the same or there is no problem??

I have a budget of like 200... As i was doing research right now i saw that there is two version of the cvr-12 which is the 124 and the 122 the one i purchased today is a 124 which is the 4ohms version and the other i have might be the 2ohms version.... is there anything bad about that??? should both of them be the same or there is no problem??
Yeah, that's an issue if they aren't matching subs.

Shouldn't it be the same ohms though after the same wiring to both??
No, you have to have subs that are the same impedance (Ohms).

Clearly you also don't know how to wire one or more subwoofers to an amp, judging by your statement. You can't simple just run a cable to red and black of each sub to the amp. Has to be wired specifically how you plan to run it.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

No, you have to have subs that are the same impedance (Ohms).
Clearly you also don't know how to wire one or more subwoofers to an amp, judging by your statement. You can't simple just run a cable to red and black of each sub to the amp. Has to be wired specifically how you plan to run it.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams
Not that familiar with car systems just now getting into it. Tomorrow i will look to see and hope to have the same ohms to both subs if not im going to have to change it for it to be the same

Yeah, come back when you know what you got. Can't really go forward with trying to find an amp until then.
So today i checked my subs and lucky they were both Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil Component Sub-woofers..... So any suggestions in the 200 $ area?

Okay so you need something that does 800-1000W at 4 or 1 ohms. Much easier to find at 1ohm. Either of the ones I recommended in my first post will be fine.

Okay so you need something that does 800-1000W at 4 or 1 ohms. Much easier to find at 1ohm. Either of the ones I recommended in my first post will be fine.
For the Kenwood Excelon X1200M can u add a equalizer to it??

Nevermind got the answer to that question

i wouldn't get that amp. i doubt it puts out the power it says it does, and even if it is, its most likely dirty power (aka clipped signals which can kill your subs from overheating them)
MB QUART ONX1.1000D 1000W Mono D Amplifier : ONX11000D : $158.95 : VMInnovations.com

if you use the coupon code "CACO85" at the checkout you can save an instant 8.5%. shipping from that site is free and their stuff is legit.
The only thing on the amp is that it requires a 2 gauge to run and i only have a 4 gauge...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.