Amps with digital input?

I don't even think zapco has digital inputs on amps...
That's correct, they have symbilink balanced (analog) inputs. To have a digital input at the amp would require a D/A built into the amp. Personally, I like the idea. Building on the Zapco idea, all you would need is a headunit that provides a digital output. Each amp would have it's own crossover, eq and D/A convertor. Expensive on the amp side but a very simply system. One headunit and one 5 or 6 channel amp would be all the electronics most systems would need.

No companies make amps with digital inputs.
There is no such thing as a digital amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
In the car stereo world (which may be the only thing you have any knowledge of) both of these statement are true - best as I know of ....

In the rest of the world, they are both both false

No companies make amps with digital inputs.
There is no such thing as a digital amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
What about the older MA audio HK4000D and visonik's V4000XD ? They claim to be digital class X amps.. The quantization of the output signal at the power stage can be controlled by either an analog signal or a digital signal. Only in the latter case would an amplifier be using fully digital amplification.

I think the OP is only curious about amps that have a D/A converter in them. That is, an amplifier that takes a data stream of 1/0s that represent a waveform straight from a head unit or other signal carrier and converts them to an analog waveform to be used by the input stage of the amplifier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.