Another 10w6 HO?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mcelwain700

Hey y'all, I've got a 10w6 in an HO box in my truck and it sounds absolutely AMAZING...but I have an opportunity here. I can purchase ANOTHER HO 10w6 for very cheap ($300). It looks brand new and it has hardly been used. If I do this, will the system sound twice as amazing? (It's hard for me to phrase this question, it's 2:45am.)

What I mean is: will having each sub in its own HO box and powered by its own amp hurt anything?

Hey y'all, I've got a 10w6 in an HO box in my truck and it sounds absolutely AMAZING...but I have an opportunity here. I can purchase ANOTHER HO 10w6 for very cheap ($300). It looks brand new and it has hardly been used. If I do this, will the system sound twice as amazing? (It's hard for me to phrase this question, it's 2:45am.) What I mean is: will having each sub in its own HO box and powered by its own amp hurt anything?
What you potentially stand to gain in sound is a very noticeable increase in loudness. Let me ask you one question. If there is one thing you'd want to improve today about your sound system what would it be?

What you potentially stand to gain in sound is a very noticeable increase in loudness. Let me ask you one question. If there is one thing you'd want to improve today about your sound system what would it be?
Yeah. I get that it's going to be louder, and thank you for your response by the way, but in terms of SQ...is SQ going to be affected at all if the above conditions are implemented?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I get that it's going to be louder, and thank you for your response by the way, but in terms of SQ...is SQ going to be affected at all if the above conditions are implemented?
Thanks
will having each sub in its own HO box and powered by its own amp hurt anything?
In the context of "SQ" this will not hurt anything. Do you think your system will sound better with more bass? Many people feel this way. In terms of a smart way to spend your money to improve SQ that's ignoring 95% of the music, and therefore unwise. Maybe you already have the rest handled but it's not clear at this time.

Hey y'all, I've got a 10w6 in an HO box in my truck and it sounds absolutely AMAZING...but I have an opportunity here. I can purchase ANOTHER HO 10w6 for very cheap ($300). It looks brand new and it has hardly been used. If I do this, will the system sound twice as amazing? (It's hard for me to phrase this question, it's 2:45am.) What I mean is: will having each sub in its own HO box and powered by its own amp hurt anything?
those boxes are pretty big aren't they? what truck u have? yeah 2 subs with 2x power will be louder, do u have 0 ga wire and big 3 wires under hood done? if not i would suggest that before doubling power.. that said what amp/how much power are u running, maybe better off to just get 1 bigger amp that we could suggest.. as far as buying goes if they will let u test it in truck and it works good for $300 i'd get it (if thats the $1000 box i'm thinking of)..

In the context of "SQ" this will not hurt anything. Do you think your system will sound better with more bass? Many people feel this way. In terms of a smart way to spend your money to improve SQ that's ignoring 95% of the music, and therefore unwise. Maybe you already have the rest handled but it's not clear at this time.
I see your perspective. You're right, SQ is completely subjective. I really like the HO boxes so I want to stick with it. However, I want it a little louder sometimes. I suppose I could always turn down my sub levels if it gets to be too much and then turn it back up for demos and such.

I appreciate the input, man!

I see your perspective. You're right, SQ is completely subjective. I really like the HO boxes so I want to stick with it. However, I want it a little louder sometimes. I suppose I could always turn down my sub levels if it gets to be too much and then turn it back up for demos and such.
I appreciate the input, man!
Right on. I have felt the same way after experiencing bass that totally shocked my world.

those boxes are pretty big aren't they? what truck u have? yeah 2 subs with 2x power will be louder, do u have 0 ga wire and big 3 wires under hood done? if not i would suggest that before doubling power.. that said what amp/how much power are u running, maybe better off to just get 1 bigger amp that we could suggest.. as far as buying goes if they will let u test it in truck and it works good for $300 i'd get it (if thats the $1000 box i'm thinking of)..
I have a 02 ext. cab f150 and the boxes will be in the back with the seats folded up. and the box and sub combo is around $650 retail.

I have a 02 ext. cab f150 and the boxes will be in the back with the seats folded up. and the box and sub combo is around $650 retail.
ok got ya., still looks like alot of space to fill in truck.. what amp are u running? if u test sub and it works sure i'd get it.. lets see if we can find 1 amp that can power both subs maybe save u few $ and u have old amp to sell to recoup some of the $..

ok got ya., still looks like alot of space to fill in truck.. what amp are u running? if u test sub and it works sure i'd get it.. lets see if we can find 1 amp that can power both subs maybe save u few $ and u have old amp to sell to recoup some of the $..
I'm running a Kenwood X501-1 that's rated at 500rms at 2 ohms. I really like this amp (and yes, I know the w6 is rated at 600). I can get another used X501-1 (there's no harm in that, right?) for around $140 shipped.

I'm running a Kenwood X501-1 that's rated at 500rms at 2 ohms. I really like this amp (and yes, I know the w6 is rated at 600). I can get another used X501-1 (there's no harm in that, right?) for around $140 shipped.
nope no harm at all or u can get a brand new CAB 1600 for $199 (comes in 2 colors lol, peeps here like it fs) if your subs are 2ohm u will have 7-800rms per sub and u can sell your amp for $140 and only be out $50 for new amp instead of $140.. u will need 0ga wire for it * NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.