anyone knowledgeable on image dynamics or adire brahma subs?

down_shift

mn
I heard a pair of image dynamics 12's maybe 4 years back and was pretty impresssed especially because he had like 8 guage wire for power wire so I know they weren't given much watts...

but can anyone give some input on what to look for on these? Are they decent subs, Pro's and cons and any models better than others...

also there's a old school adire brahma 15" with a ****** xplod amp fs buy me for about 275. they seem very rare? but Im just looking for something to put in a 94 Seville.. I really don't need anything to crazy just liked the sound of the image dynamics from what I can remember

Thanks in advance guys

3" coil Brahma's are pretty hard to find nowadays. It took me a little while to find 4 matching motors. The price isn't that great unless you are really looking for one and aren't willing to wait around for a long time. If it's a 2.5" coil brahma it's definitely not worth it. Brahmas with a 3" VC sound pretty awesome imho. Was running a pair of 12"s until a coupe weeks ago when i replaced with a Sundown Neo XBL^2 prototype. XBL^2 is my favorite motor design atm.

Can't comment on the image dynamics. Would help people if they had some model to go off of.

Perfect thanks for the all the info on the brahmas.

Could anyone tell me anything on this 15" in the picture below?

Hes asking 70$

And to be honest i m not set on anything just trying to browse Craigslist till I find a good deal. Trying to keep it around 200 for sub's and amp I know that's tight but im alright at finding deals.

Been looking for image dynamics, sundown sa's, sound splitter rlp's or orion hcca's(I know I'm reaching on Orion's especially with the high watts)

Any other sub's i should look for that kinda fit that category is appreciated.

I own and have owned a pretty good amount of ID equipment.

That picture looks to be an IDQv2, one of my favorite all time subs. I would snag that up in a heart beat if the coils read what they should for $70!!! That sub, as I mentioned, if in good shape and has the correct VC ohm readout would be plenty loud and sound fantastic with 500rms. It's getting hard to find those things! Matter of fact, if you don't take it, can you send me a link to the seller? I have a 15IDQv2d4 in my closet and would love to get another to run the pair.

Spec sheet:

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.net/specsheets/IDQ15D4V2.jpg

I am currently running a single 12IDv3 in 1.1ft^3 sealed on a little more than 400rms and I LOVE it. I have owned the 12"IDmaxV2, 10"IDQv3, and a few others.

Overall the build quality is good, efficiency is great, and sound quality is rather top notch. Do you have any specific questions?

ID line has good SQ and a little more output than the IDQ

IDQ has great SQ and is super efficient

IDmax is basically IMO an ID sub with better power handling

I have never sent more than 500rms to any of the Image Dynamics subs and love them. Granted, I am not an SPL junkie.

Most if not all Image Dynamics subs are capable of running in an infinite baffle which I have never tried but would love to if I ever find the time.

That answers all my questions thank you!!!!! If he's willing to ship I'll likely take it, it does have a small tear on the cone so its kinda hard to judge the shape its in without testing but seems worth it for àbout 70, I'll post up a pic ioof the tear

Sorry for a bit late reaponse but If I don't end up buying it I'll gladly shoot you a pm with the link. Thanks for all the info man

Awesome thanks for the input!

Doesn't look like he's willing to ship.. But idk I'll keep trying with him, I also found another deal on 2 10" Idq's

So on these Would you guys rather run 2 10's or 1 15"?

I love hitting serious lows but when I heard the 2 12's a long time they were in a massive sealed box. Sounded great hit decent lows so that's prolly what I would do? and try to tune it to a specific frequency..?

And any shipping advice? **** seems super expensive..

Awesome thanks for the input!
Doesn't look like he's willing to ship.. But idk I'll keep trying with him, I also found another deal on 2 10" Idq's

So on these Would you guys rather run 2 10's or 1 15"?

I love hitting serious lows but when I heard the 2 12's a long time they were in a massive sealed box. Sounded great hit decent lows so that's prolly what I would do? and try to tune it to a specific frequency..?

And any shipping advice? **** seems super expensive..
I've built quite a few boxes for those ID's. From general to audiophile. Pm me if you're interested in getting an affordable box if you choose that sub. It's pretty heavy so the shipping isn't cheap.....for the sub.

On a pretty tight budget but will def keep in mind thanks

OK last question.. Hopefully lol. Found these 2 tens and the guy claims they're idq's but box seems way to small for idq's depth unless the v2 and v3 very that much or something. Can anyone tell from pic?

Found these with an older pioneer amp for only 110 so really debating between this or a different single 15" for 90... Since they both should sound great Any guesses which would have more output/louder after ditching tiny box?

But Shipping would prolly blow on these with the box..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.