Anyone tried the JL w1v3's yet? Or am I the first, lol

Hmm. Not a bad idea. I'll see what I can get my hands on. I admit I did this the lazy man's way and went into a shop and said "okay I want this to happen, tell me what I need and how much it'll cost". Which helped, because I got a bunch of bundle deals, so we'll see what they have on hand.

wrong here. a/b will have better sq, but d is far more efficient and draws less current or makes more power with the same current draw compared to an a/b.
Well then that's that. It's a Honda Fit. I don't have that much power to deal with, LOL.

After more reading, I think I'm just gonna bump up to a w3. Price ain't that much more and from what I'm hearing it does FAR better and is worth the extra cash.

Besides, I figure I can always turn the sub down a little depending on the music, as opposed to not being able to go as loud as I'd like.

So I take it you're the lone resident JL hugger around here huh?
OP if you paid more for a w1 than a type R, well I //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif at you
no you just have no grounds to speak for "us" definitely not on here nearly enough

I think his point was that you're just one person and can't really speak for the whole board, hombre. Not that you can't have whatever opinion you jolly well please.

Yeah. I was trying to keep it a bit under a certain $ amount, but upon further reflection I'll just go for a good single-DIN unit and a better driver than putting the extra cash into the double-DIN and skimping on the sub.

I figure I can always turn it down during rock/metal and then crank it up for rap as opposed to being unable to really get output out of it.

no you just have no grounds to speak for "us" definitely not on here nearly enough
I agree. Not EVERYONE around here hates JL. I'm sure no one around here likes their higher prices, but that can easily be said for any other product.

JL makes some good ****. Good sq and good build quality.

Not overly impressed with the W3, but the W6 and W7 are vvn subs.

JL, overall, has good shizz regardless of the way one views their pricing....and that is easy enuff to get around by going used

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.