Anyone used SS Luxury Liner Pro?

Participant count
  • Participant list
idk im looking into Green Glue though.

its used for houses, I emailed the company asking if it would be suitable for a car... Their website says (in houses) the stuff is more than half as expensive and twice as effective than 1lb/ft MLV

idk im looking into Green Glue though.
its used for houses, I emailed the company asking if it would be suitable for a car... Their website says (in houses) the stuff is more than half as expensive and twice as effective than 1lb/ft MLV
Green Glue is a very interesting product but there are a few points that need to be considered. I've looked long and hard at the test results that describe its performance relative to MLV. It's really apples to oranges since Green Glue is a vibration damping medium and MLV is a blocker. Blocking sound is completely dependent on the mass of the barrier. The test you are describing uses an extra sheet of drywall to sandwich the Green Glue which is obviously throwing a lot more mass into the equation. None the less, in a wall, it seems like a very useful idea.

The second issue to consider is that Green Glue is water based. They specify on their Web site that at least one of the materials in the sandwich needs to be porous to let the water evaporate and the Green Glue cure. I can't really think of a suitable combination of materials to accomplish that.

Luxury Liner Pro is a very good product.

Thanks for the replies, anyone actually ever used LL Pro though?

I don't want this thread to turn into a nuthugger/nutcutter thread. Just wanting to know from people who have actually used it how they liked it.

Thanks for the replies, anyone actually ever used LL Pro though?
I don't want this thread to turn into a nuthugger/nutcutter thread. Just wanting to know from people who have actually used it how they liked it.
Well on rudy's website he has a picture of ss luxury liner and how its 'harder' to overlap because the foam is attached to the MLV.

Just look for a MLV supplier near you and try to pick it up locally.

where do you live? we can do a joint order

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.