ARC Audio BLACK SERIES!!!! Coming soon to a dealer near you!!

All I have to say is $500mids and $200tweets.
So? When you learn to count w/o using your fingers are you going to post what the total cost is? I have speakers that cost that much over 20 years ago and they still work & still sound awesome whereas many lower dollar speakers, which you probably think are great, are now lining landfills across the country. With inflation adjusted dollars, my components would be over $1200 today. If you look around, there's no shortage of components on the market at the $1,000 price point and higher. While you don't have to spend that much $$$ on speakers to sound good, you'll end up spending that much, or more, anyway on processors and new speakers to 'get that SQ'.

Sometimes you do get what you pay for and it's no wonder why some speakers still perform flawlessly two decades later and others are in the garbage after 6 months.

So? When you learn to count w/o using your fingers are you going to post what the total cost is? I have speakers that cost that much over 20 years ago and they still work & still sound awesome whereas many lower dollar speakers, which you probably think are great, are now lining landfills across the country. With inflation adjusted dollars, my components would be over $1200 today. If you look around, there's no shortage of components on the market at the $1,000 price point and higher. While you don't have to spend that much $$$ on speakers to sound good, you'll end up spending that much, or more, anyway on processors and new speakers to 'get that SQ'.
Sometimes you do get what you pay for and it's no wonder why some speakers still perform flawlessly two decades later and others are in the garbage after 6 months.

Not my fault you overpaid for your items decades ago. Line vs line Hybrid Audio or Blues will walk anything ARC has to offer IMO. Then again e1 has a different opinion on what SQ is so there is no point in a argument over that. All I will say is in the $700 range ARC has some stiff competition and I just don’t see their BLACK series keeping up based solely on spec's now toss in the price and I don't see a winner.

Not my fault you overpaid for your items decades ago. Line vs line Hybrid Audio or Blues will walk anything ARC has to offer IMO. Then again e1 has a different opinion on what SQ is so there is no point in a argument over that. All I will say is in the $700 range ARC has some stiff competition and I just don’t see their BLACK series keeping up based solely on spec's now toss in the price and I don't see a winner.
That's b/c specs do not determine winners or losers.

There's a market out there for high-end high-dollar audio components and it's not my fault you cannot afford any of it.

That's b/c specs do not determine winners or losers.
There's a market out there for high-end high-dollar audio components and it's not my fault you cannot afford any of it.
My Hybrid Clarus set will run over this component set... And will be had used for around $400 or new for around $500... Price is not everything. Your logic is bull schit. Flaunting money does not make any of us grown men shiver in our boots. I love the Arc Flatline subs and some of their other products, but their components are very overpriced, and that is what people are pointing out.

My Hybrid Clarus set will run over this component set... And will be had used for around $400 or new for around $500... Price is not everything. Your logic is bull schit. Flaunting money does not make any of us grown men shiver in our boots. I love the Arc Flatline subs and some of their other products, but their components are very overpriced, and that is what people are pointing out.
How are they overpriced? No one knows how they perform and they very well could be the bee's knees. If that's the case, $700 is a steal.

Your logic is that just b/c you cannot afford something it must be over priced. Is a Ferrari overpriced? No, if it was people would not be on a 2-3yr waiting list for them. Likewise, if Arc sells these speakers in the volume they forecasted; they're not over priced. Just b/c speakers costing over $1,000 isn't a shock to me does not mean I'm flaunting money. Seems like your insecurities are rearing their head as I only pointed out a pair of components that cost $700 20 years ago still sound awesome today where as your garden variety component set will probably be sitting in a landfill in a few years time.

The HAT speakers you have may very well be a great bargain, even for the price of $500. However that does not mean that every manufacturer with high-end speakers ($1k+) should just shudder their doors. Likewise, HAT isn't exactly a home/car audio juggernaut so it stands to be that maybe they're not all their cracked up to be. I'm sure there's more than enough people out there that can agree paying $400 for USED car speakers is a huge waste of money and outrageously overpriced.

Lastly, how do you know these new speakers won't make your current speakers sound like an old AM radio? How do you know they're worse and your speakers will walk all over them? Is there a spec I and the rest of the industry doesn't know about which tells me a speaker will sound good or not? No, there isn't.

You're just pissed that they're out of your price range and are compensating for whatever it is you compensate for. Maybe it's brand loyalty or rivalry...who knows. But just b/c a pair of speakers cost nearly a grand doesn't mean they're over priced. I bet blood would shoot out of your eyes in a high end home audio boutique.

How are they overpriced? No one knows how they perform and they very well could be the bee's knees. If that's the case, $700 is a steal.
Your logic is that just b/c you cannot afford something it must be over priced. Is a Ferrari overpriced? No, if it was people would not be on a 2-3yr waiting list for them. Likewise, if Arc sells these speakers in the volume they forecasted; they're not over priced. Just b/c speakers costing over $1,000 isn't a shock to me does not mean I'm flaunting money. Seems like your insecurities are rearing their head as I only pointed out a pair of components that cost $700 20 years ago still sound awesome today where as your garden variety component set will probably be sitting in a landfill in a few years time.

The HAT speakers you have may very well be a great bargain, even for the price of $500. However that does not mean that every manufacturer with high-end speakers ($1k+) should just shudder their doors. Likewise, HAT isn't exactly a home/car audio juggernaut so it stands to be that maybe they're not all their cracked up to be. I'm sure there's more than enough people out there that can agree paying $400 for USED car speakers is a huge waste of money and outrageously overpriced.

Lastly, how do you know these new speakers won't make your current speakers sound like an old AM radio? How do you know they're worse and your speakers will walk all over them? Is there a spec I and the rest of the industry doesn't know about which tells me a speaker will sound good or not? No, there isn't.

You're just pissed that they're out of your price range and are compensating for whatever it is you compensate for. Maybe it's brand loyalty or rivalry...who knows. But just b/c a pair of speakers cost nearly a grand doesn't mean they're over priced. I bet blood would shoot out of your eyes in a high end home audio boutique.
and so, your argument, is because they are pricey, that means that they are great speakers? how long have you been in the "industry"? nobody here is trying to say that arc is crap, doesnt make good speakers, etc.. etc... . all we're trying to say is that they are overpriced... because they are. i can easily afford to dish out over 1k on a set of components, but that doesnt mean i'm going to... SQ is probably the most subjective type of set up... so what you call "great" others may call crap, and vice versa...

honestly, i dont see the point in your personal attacks on other members here? brand loyalty? think thats a lil of the pot calling the kettle there

1. Ferraris are overpriced.. there is a waiting list b/c ferraris like MOST bmws are a status symbol and rich folks with more money than they know what to do with buy em..

2. $500 will get most people on this forum all the sq they need.. So $1k+ is overpriced for car audio speakers.. we aren't using them hours a day.. maybe 1 hr a day..

3. No one is pissed because some speakers are out of any ones budget.. stop acting like a big shot no one cares we aren't comparing paychecks

Just saying... High price doesn't make an equipment good, low price doesn't make equipment bad... But when you're saying $700 for a set of comps... Maybe they are better than that $400 set. Maybe, in the same install, with the same song, and the same ears... But given install variables, can you justify paying twice as much for something that may be marginally better? I suppose some people can, and apparently Arc Audio can. But I mean, it's absurd to try to rationalize $200 for a single tweeter. Cost of parts and manufacturing? I'd love to see what that adds up to.

Regardless, this thread is to show off the drivers, which indeed look nice, and their abilities have not been doubted by anybody in this thread. All that is argued, is their price point, which is nearly twice as much as their competition. So, hopefully someone can come up with the courage to purchase these and explain why they are worth twice as much.

Obviously if you are complaining about the price you are not in the intended market for these. Do they sound good? Probably. No spec or picture of them will tell you that though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.