Are slot ports better then round?

Seriously neither are better than the other...

Slot ports make it easier to achieve max port surface area. And are a breeze to install because it's just another slot of MDF, or any other box material.

It seriously doesn't matter for a daily driver box.

What he said^^^

The only real benefit is you can easily change the tuning of your box (good for competing).

If you are referring to aero ports or flared ports, they are excellent if you space limited due to the fact that with the flares you can get the same port velocity as a bigger slot port with less space.

I really like the way my Dc 15's sound and I used round ports it seems to have good frequency

response on my bass tester cd ... My buddy has 2 L7 15's In the biggest recommended

ported box and we built ports out of mdf and those Kicker's hit hard and sound good too...

But If i had to chose I'd go with round because they are way easer to make...

Just remember if you go with round ports the round port calculator's out there do not

calculate round port displacement, I had to use two formulas to get my ports right

Is a 3" round port big enough for one 10"??
Depends how much power you're using and how big the box is. I had a single 3'' aeroport (which is flared on both ends) in a 1.25 cube box with 1000w and I got a lot of port noise on the lower frequencies. I then made a 1.5 cube box with (2) 3'' aeroports and the port noise never came back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Seriously neither are better than the other...
Slot ports make it easier to achieve max port surface area. And are a breeze to install because it's just another slot of MDF, or any other box material.

It seriously doesn't matter for a daily driver box.
I agree with the unbolded parts, but disagree with the bit that I bolded. If you have square subs, you are going to want a square (or rectangular) port, round subs you are going to want a round port.

I agree with the unbolded parts, but disagree with the bit that I bolded. If you have square subs, you are going to want a square (or rectangular) port, round subs you are going to want a round port.
why?

Thats a new one I'v never heard... It not like, say a L7 is putting off square

frequency's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.