Dual 10" front face slot port in making

Participant count
  • Participant list

MitchnSystem

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ca
Hello y'all! Good evening, hope everyone is well. Newbie here...to the whole posting aspect of the forum deal, that is. I apologize if I am doing anything wrong already...as in perhaps, posting n wrong location etc ...
But quick question. Im currently designing a dual 10" front face slot port labyrinth enclosure. I have been doing head spinning amounts of research pertaining to the actual design from dimensions to port size and volumes to bracing and available vol of vehicle cab 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫. Lol. Not that bad really.. just tend to get frustrating when you have hit that point where u r ending up back at the start of the information line. Ne ways.
My question, as simple and clear cut as I can word it is .... "how or where does one come up with the specs or dimensions pertaining strictly to sizing and placement of the inner walls of the enclosure which makes up the labyrinth?"
I can not find a formula or process of ne kind as far as to figure numbers on these walls. Tons on port size and tuning or formulas for volume along with bracing and everything else. But how do u know how long the inner wall that runs parallel with the port wall is supposed to be? Or at what point does it make it's turn into the inner box, making the wall that runs perpandicuar? At what angle...90°? How far does that wall go on? Should it span out, covering the center of the magnet or stop just short of doing so etc...? Any help or guidance will b greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.
🙂👍🏼🔊🎶🎵

Last edited:
how or where does one come up with the specs or dimensions pertaining strictly to sizing and placement of the inner
Two important specs in port dimensions are Port Area and Port Length. The Port Area is the size of the port hole. If it is 25 square inches, you can make the hole 5x5, 2.5x10, 1x25 or any other combo as long as you get 25 square inches.
For labyrinth ports, most use the inner box height to save space. If your inner box height is 12 inches, then your port width would be 2.08 inches. That will equal out to ~25 Sq. In.
Screenshot_20231205-233627(1)~2.png
The Port Area and Port Length will be given by the sub manufacturer.
A labyrinth port just folds in itself until the length is reached. To measure length you start outside the box to the back wall (B). You add the turn (C), and so on.

Hello y'all! Good evening, hope everyone is well. Newbie here...to the whole posting aspect of the forum deal, that is. I apologize if I am doing anything wrong already...as in perhaps, posting n wrong location etc ...
But quick question. Im currently designing a dual 10" front face slot port labyrinth enclosure. I have been doing head spinning amounts of research pertaining to the actual design from dimensions to port size and volumes to bracing and available vol of vehicle cab 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫. Lol. Not that bad really.. just tend to get frustrating when you have hit that point where u r ending up back at the start of the information line. Ne ways.
My question, as simple and clear cut as I can word it is .... "how or where does one come up with the specs or dimensions pertaining strictly to sizing and placement of the inner walls of the enclosure which makes up the labyrinth?"
I can not find a formula or process of ne kind as far as to figure numbers on these walls. Tons on port size and tuning or formulas for volume along with bracing and everything else. But how do u know how long the inner wall that runs perpendicular with the port wall is supposed to be? Or at what point does it make it's turn into the inner box? At what angle...90°? How far does that wall go on? Should it span out, covering the center of the magnet or stop just short of doing so etc...? Any help or guidance will b greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.
🙂👍🏼🔊🎶🎵
Labyrinth ports are fun to make, well not really. If you're stuck on a slot port, they're great. Overall, round, flared ports are the prefered port. Done correctly, they are quieter and easy-peasy!

Last edited:
Ok ok...awesome. Thank u guys for responding so quickly. Very cool. And ok that all makes sense.

To 1AESPINOZA: So my manufacturer calls for a 13.5"² port area, which is the only # they give concerning the port. My box has a outer wall height of 14". Inner wall of 12.5". I attached a pic of the design I chose below. So I understand your logic pertaining to the port but what about the wall length of the inner port wall? How much spacing do I leave as it banks left or right at the end of its run? Ex. Wall 1 length and spacing left around corner and down wall 2? How long shld wall 2 be?

To DoxQ: yes I agree 🙂I do enjoy building them myself as well. I have built multiple boxes n the past but only 1 labyrinth prior to this current one I am on. And the prior had all the specs and measurements laid out on a silver platter for me, at which point it was literally just cutting and assembly. Turned out great too. Still using it actually. That was a single 12" kfc set up. This one now is the same build but for dual setup of 10" Skars.

Thank u guys much! Truly. I was physically getn a headache and something like a weird motion sickness sensation from all the digging online haha.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231205_185042_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231205_185042_Chrome.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 15
So my manufacturer calls for a 13.5"² port area, which is the only # they give concerning the port.
I hate when they do that. If you have all other sub specifications like the T/S Parameters, use this link for a box size recommendation.-

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...