audacity

Participant count
  • Participant list
Untitled-28.png

What do I win? This song is unedited, btw.

any "clipping repair" program won't be 100% accurate when the clipping is severe. the program won't know what is on top of the clipped wave - i.e. higher frequencies riding on low frequencies.

why does the OP want to do anything with a utube song in the first place?

If the clipping is really bad (like in dylan's song) using the amplify tool isn't going to fix anything. Load the song in, and duplicate it so you have 2 layers of it. On the first layer, goto effect > high pass and select 24dB 120hz. Then on the bottom layer, do a 80hz 12db low pass. Now you've split it up so the top layer is your mids and the bottom layer is your bass. Chances are the bass in the bottom layer is either clipped or at -0dB. Select the whole bass layer and goto amplify. Then in the 2nd input field, type in anywhere from -6 to -3. This will make it so the loudest peak in the whole layer will be whatever you set it to. Now if you select both layers, goto Layer > mix and render it should be fine now. (It may still look like it is clipping but that is just the mids and highs creating a square wave. Run the mixed layer through a low pass and the bass should be at a normal level now.

any "clipping repair" program won't be 100% accurate when the clipping is severe. the program won't know what is on top of the clipped wave - i.e. higher frequencies riding on low frequencies.
why does the OP want to do anything with a utube song in the first place?
im just messing around trying to figure the program out, also this computer dosnt have any music saved on it so its just easy to get a few songs off of youtube.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

splwj47

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
splwj47
Great White North
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date