backup battery or siren?

turnstylez18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Toronto
k i need to get a backup battery or siren? what should i get? i can only afford one...here's the thing the installers of my alarm put the siren in the open so i think its easy to cut it off....

but what do u recommend? battery is more expensive than the back up siren...

I would recommend moving the siren to a more hidden location in the engine and getting a back-up siren and hide it well (preferably on the inside). That way they will not want to stay inside to continue the theft.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

What is the backup battery for? And why do you need 2 sirens?

The back up batt is in case main power is lost, the alarm will continue to keep powered up. A back up siren will continue to sound even if power is off and takes a key to shut off.

2 sirens are better than 1 because the louder you can make your alarm, the better to make the scum run off.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For the reasons described a back up battery would be the ideal choice. Better to keep the siren on, than to have 2 sirens that can be turned off.

For the reasons described a back up battery would be the ideal choice. Better to keep the siren on, than to have 2 sirens that can be turned off.

I would be ideal to have both, but the back up siren will keep sounding even when all power is off. It has its own power batt inside it. If you have both, the 2 sirens will continue to sound if power is off, but what if they find the siren without back up and cut it? No more sound (even with back up battery) without the back up siren. That's why you should hide the back up siren very well, preferably on the inside!

I would be ideal to have both, but the back up siren will keep sounding even when all power is off. It has its own power batt inside it. If you have both, the 2 sirens will continue to sound if power is off, but what if they find the siren without back up and cut it? No more sound (even with back up battery) without the back up siren. That's why you should hide the back up siren very well, preferably on the inside!

More in depth than I thought lol.

Both!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby alarms make a siren with the backup battery and key build right into the back of the siren. Even if the alarm isn't going off and the main power is cut the alarm will sound.

go to any DEI dealer, buy a backup battery... model number 520T, and get a mini Pezio Siren, model number 513t and put it in your heater vent... facing the outside of the vent...

no thief can stand the mini piezo.. they hurt/pulse your eardrums when they go off, they are 125 DB mini sirens... sounds like a bird chirping over and over again in your head

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

do that and your going to be okay

i forgot i actually posted this...i dont know if u guys know but my alarm kinda got messed but seems to be okay now...but i may just get a back up siren for now..since its much cheaper and im struggling on cash...

but where would be a good idea to hide it? im getting it done at best buy..since i know the guys there...i can get a deal too..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.