bass isnt kicking in on time

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xdmethod24

Boston
i just wired my friends system and as far as i know i did everything right but clearly not. when i turn my volume down past a certain level the bass cuts out and then when i turn it up the bass takes about a minute to start working? is that like rca lag? how do i fix it?

sounds like your electrical can't handle the amp. What are you running for amp and wiring? Have you done the big 3?

no i didnt do the big three cause i dont know where the alternator is or how i would attach a wire to the engine block. plus the pictures on the thread are gone.

either way i also didnt do it cause i dont think its a serious enough sound system, his speakers are running off the head unit we only have one amp in the back and i think its only a 250 watt amp hooked up to one 12 in sub? the power wire ran is eight g

it doesnt seem like a power issue to me cause it works fine after it kicks it and wont cut out or anything it just takes a second to start working?

it doesnt seem like a power issue to me cause it works fine after it kicks it and wont cut out or anything it just takes a second to start working?
I'm guessing your amp automatically shuts off after RCA voltage drops below a certain amount.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.