Batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list

PapaGeno21
10+ year member

Captain Questions
Ok so I have a stock battery and alt. Aftermarket only goes up to 160A for the alt, mine is 105 stock. As of right now I am having no issues. IF down the road I want to go bigger with everything I am going to really dig into my electrical.

SO assuming I do the 160A Alt.. I would want a better battery.

I am uneducated on audio batteries. In my Jeep I just put a yellow top and a HO Alt and was fine.

Would I want to get a yellow top, or are there better batteries for around the same coin? I don't want multiples unless I can fit two in the place of my one, but I don't think that is possible.

If there are, what are they? Thanks!

If there is a sears near you, check out the Diehard Platinum batts (look at the P-2). XS power makes some nice batts. If you decide to go with used batts (which isn't always a bad idea, both of mine are used) make sure to get how old it is, it's resting voltage and also do a load test on it (vip and autozone do free load tests).

I would start by looking at what the largest battery you can fit under your hood would be. For example, look at the XS D3100 and D3400. A good AGM battery will beat a stock wetcell any day of the week.

Better options for cheaper than a yellow top. As previously stated Diehard Platinum are a decent option.

Deka or Super Start (rebadged Dekas btw) are amazing audio batts. SS can be found at O'Reilly's.

Sams Club has Duracell AGM batteries that are exacts of teh Diehard batteries. My local Sams Club has them for 80 bucks+tax.

Costco carries their own brand of AGM batteries that go for around 80 bucks

The others mentioned are excellent choices as well, but imo, for the Duracell batteries+the return policies that sams/walmart has, you cant beat it

i love my XS batts, but if i ever have to replace them, ill probably go with batcap or Odyssey

i really wouldnt mind trying out the lithium batts that the one company was building, but they are a bit pricey.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.