best 12'' subwoofer for up to 400w RMS???

Bob Saget

Banned
Seattle, WA
Wanting to run 1 12'' sub in a ported enclosure. My amplifier (Crossfire CFA 402) is rated @ 400w RMS x 1 @ 4ohm.

In your opinion, what is the best subwoofer for my application?

I've been looking into the Mmats Pro Audio P2.0 & P2.5, as well as the SSA Dcon 12.

Any other suggestions?

Nothing wrong with using a sub that has a higher RMS than you have power available...

IA 187 is a good choice, although I have no idea what kind of sound you are looking for.

Rather than create a new thread, I figured I'd bump this. I'm looking for a budget 12" sub that will be powered by a PPI 460iqx (4x60, 2x200) with an emphasis on being able to play low in a vented enclosure. Overall output isn't of real concern as my previous sub was a 10w3 wired to 8 ohms so the doubled power of a 4 ohm load + more cone area will be enough for now.

I've been plugging t-s params in ISD but it's a really sluggish process because they aren't readily available. After reading the responses here, I figure at least a couple of you might know off-hand a decent priced sub that can play low in a reasonable enclosure. I have up to ~3.5 cu/ft I'm willing to allocate to the box.

I guess budget would be in the $50-60 range, but if there exists no such sub that will sound good in a reasonable sized box tuned reasonably low (~25-30hz?) then suggest something more expensive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.