Best budget 6.5 components?

Do these tweeters come with crossovers? I would almost have to buy a strong 2 channel to run them at 100 RMS each at 8 ohm. Maybe I could wire them together for a 4 ohm load?

you can wire them to 4ohm, but you'd have to be running them off the same xover. You can go with that passive xover, but then you would need passives for the mids also. Tbh, just get a small format 4ohm tweets and run that. I have some cheap vifas tweets in my car right now and they get loud. Unless you have such a huge substage then I guess get the horns.

I picked up a pair of these Polk DB 6501. Working on the install now so I can't say how they sound yet. Betting it's better than stock. Price is now $20 lower than what I paid. Also picked up the DB 651 coax to go with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can wire them to 4ohm, but you'd have to be running them off the same xover. You can go with that passive xover, but then you would need passives for the mids also. Tbh, just get a small format 4ohm tweets and run that. I have some cheap vifas tweets in my car right now and they get loud. Unless you have such a huge substage then I guess get the horns.
6 15's walled big enough?

Is it safe to run off the same xover? I'm not going any problems am I? The crossover I would run has a 12DB OCTAVE. Basically I would have to find 8ohm mids if I were to just run 2 crossovers vs 3?

Anybody know the mounting depth on those Crescendo comps?
I have this set. think its like 2.5" or so. Ill have to check. But incase anyones wondering, these are some great comps for $100.00. I have this set with 100watts per side. the tweets imo are the best thing about the set. I had the mids crossed @100hz and the midbass wasnt the greatest but the mids were nice and clean and get loud. Then i got to messing around with the settings one day and ran the xover flat on the amp and man, the midbass came alive. I now leave the amps xover setting to full pass and control the sound to the speakers thru my h/u. I would recommend this set to anyone looking for a budget set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.