Best Sound Processor

Rocky213
10+ year member

South FL
I was looking at the audio control DQXS..but for 500$ is it really worth it..and how much will it improve my system..any feedback would be great..thanks

HU-Pioneer 3200BT

Mid Highs-Rockford 600-4

Front Highs-3 Sets of Rockford components 6 1/2

Rear highs-6/8 coaxial Alpine

Bass-Rockford 2500bdcp

Subs-4 12's Rockford T1

3 Kinetic 2000

All 0 gauge 1 run of power 1 run of ground

question is too vague. DQXS is a digital 3/4 way crossover, 31 band EQ, line driver. figure a good 3 way electronic crossover is going to run you $200. decent EQ will run you close to $150, and a line drive on each pair will roughly be $50 per pair.

what do you mean on each pair?..for the line driver..im just wondering how much of an improvement it will give my system..and if im gonna get one i might as well spend the money and get the best

you guys are too complicated i asked a simple question..i want to improve sound quality and loudness isnt that what everyone is looking for to always get better and louder i mean its not that complicated how specific do i have to be...

you guys are too complicated i asked a simple question..i want to improve sound quality and loudness isnt that what everyone is looking for to always get better and louder i mean its not that complicated how specific do i have to be...
You're asking us.... Remember that. Then you want to go tell us that its not as complicated as we are telling you it is, that its really simple..... ok... You obviously know what the fuck you are talking about. Have fun with asking advice noob.

Im telling you right now noob, that you looking for a DSP or DQRX is not going to help you as much as replacing your RF components. And that is ASSUMING you mean the quality and the loudness of your mids and highs. Havent looked at the model of your amplifier. But thats all I am going to say since you are too effin dumb to answer simple questions.

wow, such language.

you don't need another crossover, your amp is handling that just fine. the only thing more crossover options would give you is steeper slopes for lower cut-offs.

the biggest advantage will be the EQ. having the ability to fine tune a system with an EQ can do wonders.

the line driver helps you if your current low level output isn't enough to fully drive the amplifiers, or if your amp is noisy with higher gain settings if you got a line driver, you would just turn down your amp gains as a result, output would remain the same, but any amplifier noise would reduce.

better sound usually comes from the install. i've talked a lot lately in other threads regarding phase interference. three sets of components up front will suffer from comb filtering - making great sound difficult. you can't EQ phase interference.

that said, i'm sure the DQXS is capable of making your system sound better, but it's all up to you to make that happen. the largest improvements in sound happen on the install level.

Sorry, I'll make it PG-13 for you next time for your precious ears. You deal with the person that doesn't want to be helped and would rather insult the people trying to help him. I have no patience for people like that anymore on this board or in life

It is not that we are too complicated. It is that you don't have enough education on the requirement for loud and sq at the same time. It is a very delicate balance between the two. Too loud, and no sq, too much sq and not too loud. You have base equipment, and little knowledge. 80% of sq is in the install, 20% in the right combination of parts.

I recommend that you do a little more research before coming back with questions.

i think it was a valid question that no one felt like answering, he was attacked, and he got frustrated. the OP didn't instigate any of the bashing that came out of his questions. look above and the forum attacked first.

can a DQXS help his system sound better? sure. will it? depends on the installer. his gear is basic and lacks flexibility. you can't tune a system without the proper tools, i.e. a processor. i guarantee i could take a DQXS and make his system sound better than it does now.

the thing about asking questions is that you don't know the answer, and usually lack enough knowledge to get terminology correct. i don't bash people for asking questions. i help by providing answers. if i can't provide a helpful answer, i don't post. i wish more people behaved the same way.

Buy my 32 band per channel eq,and the 2 way crossover for 150 shipped and your done!!

232.png

crossover.png
[/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.