Better than SSA Icon

Icons have RMS 1000 where as all those he listed matched that or had less.. and they were all more expensive
The MTX jackhammer 22" handles 3,000w RMS and only puts up a ~130. Power handling isn't everything.

You gave us a budget, we suggested very capable drivers that have proven themselves time and time again within that limit.

Besides the simple answer above...

RMS isn't everything.
I just wanted to stress this to you.

What are you trying to be louder than 2 12" icons for? Hit better and sound better will be hard to accomplish if using two other 12's. The Icon is pretty much the middle of the line in terms of SPL and SQ, it is an "SQL" sub. So if you get a more SPL oriented sub it will be louder, but sound worse, and vice versa. The FI Q is very similar to the icon in terms of SQ and SPL, so I would suggest that. If you really want to get louder than the 2 12"s, either get bigger subs as suggested, more subs, or more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.