Better than SSA Icon

I think what a lot of people deem as "SQ" has been horribly ill-defined. If bass is somewhat tight and not horribly sloppy, then it must sound good, right? If that is your definition of SQ, then there are TONS of subs out there that will accomplish your goal. Hell, an MT or BTL will do that. Also, the frame of reference is a big thing to consider. A lot of people are wondering how these "internet" subs are going to perform compared to their RF or MTX low-end subs. Well, a lot of "internet" brands kick the ever living piss out of their retail counterparts (price-per-price). When "internet" subs are purchased and installed (Stereo Integrity, SSA, Fi, Sundown, etc) the normal response is HOLY **** because they are good subwoofers that perform extremely well.

Anyway, enough of that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif The two Icons will do you just fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Besides the simple answer above...

I just wanted to stress this to you.

What are you trying to be louder than 2 12" icons for? Hit better and sound better will be hard to accomplish if using two other 12's. The Icon is pretty much the middle of the line in terms of SPL and SQ, it is an "SQL" sub. So if you get a more SPL oriented sub it will be louder, but sound worse, and vice versa. The FI Q is very similar to the icon in terms of SQ and SPL, so I would suggest that. If you really want to get louder than the 2 12"s, either get bigger subs as suggested, more subs, or more power.
I think what a lot of people deem as "SQ" has been horribly ill-defined. If bass is somewhat tight and not horribly sloppy, then it must sound good, right? If that is your definition of SQ, then there are TONS of subs out there that will accomplish your goal. Hell, an MT or BTL will do that. Also, the frame of reference is a big thing to consider. A lot of people are wondering how these "internet" subs are going to perform compared to their RF or MTX low-end subs. Well, a lot of "internet" brands kick the ever living piss out of their retail counterparts (price-per-price). When "internet" subs are purchased and installed (Stereo Integrity, SSA, Fi, Sundown, etc) the normal response is HOLY **** because they are good subwoofers that perform extremely well.
Anyway, enough of that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif The two Icons will do you just fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks guys that helped alot. Also another thing for me is how fast the subs respond. Because listening to some techno makes the subs lag and the song sound terrible

The only thing im concerning about the icons is if they go lowd enough. I have 2 10" Infinity 1050W subs and they dont do the job for me. My speakers keep inclining as i turn it up but the woofers cant keep up

In the proper box they wont lag . I played some techno when i had one for the short time in my truck an it kept up with it very well. The stuff you're asking bout it being peaky an the subs lagging all has to deal with the box. In your truck it might be a lil hard to get the proper size ported box for 2(depending how much space you wanna give up), so go with the recommended sealed box. That will yeild great sq an will generally be less peaky than a ported box.

The only thing im concerning about the icons is if they go lowd enough. I have 2 10" Infinity 1050W subs and they dont do the job for me. My speakers keep inclining as i turn it up but the woofers cant keep up
The Icon is in a different class then the Infinity. Not saying anything bad, but just look at an Icon compared to the Infinity.

But the most important thing here is the mixture of the quality of the box they are put in, the current provided for the amplifiers to power them, and the increase in cone size.

Check out a few videos here if you are curious on output:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/icon/rides.html

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

In the proper box they wont lag . I played some techno when i had one for the short time in my truck an it kept up with it very well. The stuff you're asking bout it being peaky an the subs lagging all has to deal with the box. In your truck it might be a lil hard to get the proper size ported box for 2(depending how much space you wanna give up), so go with the recommended sealed box. That will yeild great sq an will generally be less peaky than a ported box.
yeah the boxes that i have in there now are like 10x11x8 or something like that. not verry big at all.

The Icon is in a different class then the Infinity. Not saying anything bad, but just look at an Icon compared to the Infinity. 

But the most important thing here is the mixture of the quality of the box they are put in, the current provided for the amplifiers to power them, and the increase in cone size.

Check out a few videos here if you are curious on output:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/icon/rides.html

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yeah thanks and i take no offence on my crappy Infinitys

Yeah thanks and i take no offence on my crappy Infinitys
I am not saying anything bad about them. Just trying to point out, some what in a reflection of what Electrodynamic said about internet based brands. SSA is still very new to market, so we cannot have customers pay for the name and then the performance. The Icon is all about performance, no flash or bling period, no point in adding cost to a driver that does not add performance.

Dump the Infinity's. Buy the Icons. You will be glad you did... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I think the Icon's look beefy and they look very well built. I'm sure they are subs that are louder, but a box has a lot to do with sound of a certain speaker. I think you would be happy with the Icons and just about any other company that is well known on here. Sundown, Incriminator Audio, Stereo Integrity, Mach 5, SSA, FI and a couple others I can't think of.....They all make great products. Look into those companies and see which products suits your needs and your budget. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.