Boston Acoustics G5'S ?

no...I was debating them bit don't know if I can justify 120 bucks per radiator when I could just go ported and gain the same output.
yea but the box size more than doubles, I guess thats what sold me on them being able to run them in sealed box with the radiators.

no...I was debating them bit don't know if I can justify 120 bucks per radiator when I could just go ported and gain the same output.
PR is a different sound, very clean and smooth

and its adjustable

ive got one of the 10" GTRs sitting here... got it BNIB for $15 on ebay //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

^^ive been checking ebay for the past few weeks but the 12" radiators dont come up to often and if they do it is just 1 and I would need 2....maybe 4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

PR is a different sound, very clean and smooth

and its adjustable

ive got one of the 10" GTRs sitting here... got it BNIB for $15 on ebay //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
yea I was talking to the rep and he said with the radiators you match the frequency of you car or get close and it will be the smoothest response I will find. I also have the tw5 13's going in my wifes car for my long rode trips but need an amp to match them and don't wanna drop the money on the jl amps just yet. I want to buy everything with warranties now also.

you wont wanna run subs any other way after you hear them...
For realz? I just could never wrap my mind around them -- I understand the basic concept, but I did not know how they get them to sound right with the sub. I guess what I am saying is that it just does not seem obvious how they would not be out of phase. BUt they probably already thunk of that, huh?

yea I was talking to the rep and he said with the radiators you match the frequency of you car or get close and it will be the smoothest response I will find. I also have the tw5 13's going in my wifes car for my long rode trips but need an amp to match them and don't wanna drop the money on the jl amps just yet. I want to buy everything with warranties now also.
That's what so cool about this deal at crutchfild now. Cheaper than e-gay and authorized.

For realz? I just could never wrap my mind around them -- I understand the basic concept, but I did not know how they get them to sound right with the sub. I guess what I am saying is that it just does not seem obvious how they would not be out of phase. BUt they probably already thunk of that, huh?
the pr does not create a wave... so there is nothing to be in or out of phase

it allows you to tune a box (and retune whenever you want)

and there is no turbulence (aka distortion) because ther is no port

i see, i understand why you want warranties

but i can never bring myself to pay retail... for anything

im the cheapest person you will ever meet

That's what so cool about this deal at crutchfild now. Cheaper than e-gay and authorized.
yea thats like I said got the radiators and both subs for 470 shipped with the 3 year warranty you can't find this whole set up even close to that price on ebay. I paid 550 a piece for the tw5's and hate myself everyday for doing it now, impulse buy for the loss.

the pr does not create a wave... so there is nothing to be in or out of phase

it allows you to tune a box (and retune whenever you want)

and there is no turbulence (aka distortion) because ther is no port
See, I am still not following. Specifically, when you say it doesn't create a wave.

See, I am still not following. Specifically, when you say it doesn't create a wave.
when the sub moves (in or out) the PR moves in the opposite direction... thus reliving pressure in the box and increasing output

how far the PR moves depends on the frequency, obviously it will move most at or below the tuned frequency (the more weight in the PR, the lower the tuning)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.