Boston Acoustics G5'S ?

Do you even need to run a subsonic on them with the radiator never asked that question or safe without it?
if you tune low enough you wont need it because no music will ever play that low

but if your tuning @30hz or higher then i would use a subsonic with the G5's... im not sure how much abuse those things can take so i wouldnt try to play below tuning

BTW: i could do 140db's @22hz with my PR setup when i had it, was a very unique experience to say the least
sounds good I am excited and whats hard to believe is this is all going in 1 cube box for 2 10's . I am getting my whole trunk back basically and going to be louder than my single 12 set up.

when the sub moves (in or out) the PR moves in the opposite direction... thus reliving pressure in the box and increasing output
how far the PR moves depends on the frequency, obviously it will move most at or below the tuned frequency (the more weight in the PR, the lower the tuning)
Ah. Next question. When you are running two subs how does this work? Do you use a common chamber and use tow PR's? Two seperate chambers with two PR's?

Do you know whether If you had two subs and 1PR in a common chamber, would that sound different (other than volume) than two subs and two PR's?
yes... its pretty much like having a box with half the reccomended port area

will it work? yes

will it sound as good/be as loud as with two PRs? no

most of the time your actually supposed to have a bigger PR (or run more than one) than your sub to make up for the lack of ecursion older PRs had

but recently a few companies have came out with high excursion designs (read: TC sounds and boston acoustics) that allow a single PR to be paired with a single sub of matching size

yes... its pretty much like having a box with half the reccomended port area

will it work? yes

will it sound as good/be as loud as with two PRs? no

most of the time your actually supposed to have a bigger PR (or run more than one) than your sub to make up for the lack of ecursion older PRs had

but recently a few companies have came out with high excursion designs (read: TC sounds and boston acoustics) that allow a single PR to be paired with a single sub of matching size
I just googled this and it looks like Boston came up with this design and did not pattent it, I guess tc sounds followed but the radiators look totally different.

the TC design is different... actually better in the fact that you have FAR more tuning options
I think it looks better also the radiator for the boston's don't look like the sub, they make a radiator for the spg oval sub now too, the guy said those subs sound better than the g5's

Ive been runnin a single g5 12 with the pr and love the way it sounds. The only time it starts to sound weird is at very high volume on a bass heavy track. It alomost sounds like the pr isn't moving right with the sub anymore. But I never play it all that loud anyway. Just a really nice sounding small package.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.