Box leaking air??

this same thing happened to me when i was installing my 5.25's. I went to mount the new speaker and i over tightened and snapped off one of the screw heads leaving me with only 3 screws holding the speaker in place. I powered it and that one speaker sounded absolutly awful with that rattling noise so i drilled a new hole thru the mount and got new screws and it works perfect. good luck hope this helps

IDK if the box is savable but I can try how would I go about that double baffle Idea How would I cut the hold for the sub I dont have router?

Its definatly coming from the cone of the sub, But its not the sub because I tested it with another sub and it did the exact same thing, Its a very Rattley type of sound from the cone area when the bass hits. cant hear it in the car but I know its not right and its ****in annoying. Also I dont want to damage the sub. I want to just have a box built to specs Does anyone know someone on here that can build a box in the L.A. area??
E6000

Only 13 years late with that reply....

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...