Cactus Sounds Subs?

the cactus subs have soft parts such as carbon cones which nobody in the US other then digital designs has. nobody. T3 hasnt brought theres out yet and they do not compare to the cactus subs. cactus also uses a higher grade coil such as the ones atomic uses in there subs which are ungodly strong.
cactus also only has one line of subs out anyways. the MK2 was discontinued because he "didnt like the results" so only the MK1 is being made right now.

and the carbon composite cones they use are hand made by a gentlemen in germany IIRC. i priced them seperate and they were $400 per cone when i tried to find some for my subs.
Audioque has CF cones...

I dont put a lot of stock in simple things like CF cones. They look nice, and sound like they are high tech to the average guy, but Im more interested in things like motor design. Ive yet to hear of a fundamental problem with paper cones, so hopefully they have more than that over their competing speaker manufacturers. Nothing against cactus however, I just dont see that as any break through tech that makes me salivate over a European speaker maker I cant get my hands on anyway.

want a catus woofer just buy a trf they built them for rockford yrs ago.

that is a dd/aq basket on that sub so some kinda custom.

agree there is no over seas sub that gives me wood.

dont know why people like the cf ***** looks ok but its not stronger and the weight diff isnt enough to say so. paper is proven and when you lay cf over paper its for just looks. most true cf cones use rubber surrond cause it will cut foam with excursion with the sharp edge...

yeah it was looked just like a trf motor I emailed 2 weeks ago trying to research the price on a mk2 they still haven't got back to me. The ground zero big boy sub is basically a ss xxx or t3 tsns with different soft parts from the pics it looks identical might have a different gap. The last one I seen I believe was going for 1000 something on ebay.

Guy here with some 15s on a Cactus 4k in a tiny SUV. Not nearly as loud as I had expected considering he told me he was doing a 156 with them before in a different vehicle. Yeah, he's doing more like a 146.

This thread makes me laugh. There's always a lot of misinformed people talking about the Cactus Sounds brand.
I dont think anyone here has claimed to be an expert on cactus subs. Instead of making a vaguely negative comment, why not make a useful post talking about them.

Are you the rep?
If so, you're not making me want to buy your subs, or have any interest in them. If not, carry on then.
Not sure how to answer that. All I can say is my CS subs have treated me well.

The MK1s can be available in the US the same way I bought mine. The owner flies here to build them when there is enough orders to make it worth while to come over from Switzerland. Same thing he did with the CS9000 batteries that him and myself built last year. It is not for me to post info about him but I can say he is a lot busier with his full-time job which makes less time he can put into the car audio world.

Those green subs are 3" coils btw. I would love to be able to run handfuls of those.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.