Can anyone tell if this amp is any good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

AudioDummy

Ct
I bought this for $40 thinking I got something special but it wasn't what I thought it was. So I hooked it up in mono 600 x1 RMS @ 4 ohms to two Alpine type R 12's and the bass just seemed deeper and idk how to explain it but as different then the other amp I was using. Alpine mrx-m110 .

If I never tried the other amp I never would of thought anything and the bass from the Alpine amp.

As I was listening to music I started to hear a continuous baseline that wasn't part of the song so I knew the amp had a problem.

Ever since I been trying to get the bass that will satisfy my needs and I went through 3-4 types of sub/amp combos and can't get it.

I found a good deal on some JL Audio 10 w6v2D4's in mint condition for 300$ in a brand new ported box so I'm pretty sure these subs should atleast make me happy enough. I think I just need the right amp

The Alpine amp I sold because I wasn't happy with it.

I tried a soundtream Rubicon nano 1000w RMS @1 ohm and the bass sounded so dirty and could not dig deep at all.. wired it in 4 ohm 400w and it sounded better but it had to go so I sold it.

I tried my Phoenix Gold Zx350 400x1 @ 4 ohm , it was OK but I put it back where it belongs pushing the front MB Quart zc1-216 components and it blows away every amp I tried to run the components

Last resort before I have to buy a new amp I had MB Quart 4 ch 100x4 RMS so I bridged ch 1&2 400w RMS @ 4 ohm wired parallel to the subs and what do I get?

I couldn't believe I finally got some real bass.

But I know I'm only giving the subs a tease of power I think the subs and myself would like more power.

I wonder if I can fix this amp if it will be better or what

Is this amp worth fixing or should I junk it?

I would think it's in your settings on the amp or your boxes

Sub amps will sound similar enough especially for subs

Get a 1000wrms amp wire to 1ohm and build a decent ported box to help pick up those lower notes you are after

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.